Job Title: IT Consultant – Business Coalitions
Investing in Women
Investing in Women (IW) is a multi-country Australian Government initiative in Southeast Asia that seeks to improve women’s economic participation as employees and as entrepreneurs and influence the enabling environment to promote Women’s Economic Empowerment (WEE). It commenced in April 2016 with operations in the Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam and Myanmar and is due to run through to June 2023. It is managed out of the Gender Equality Branch (GEB) of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) in Canberra. The Program is supporting the following outcomes:
- More businesses achieve improved gender equality in their workplaces
- Intentional impact investments in women’s small and medium enterprises (WSMEs) increase
- · Positive shifts in gender norms related to workplace gender equality
For more information, see www.investinginwomen.asia
About the Opportunity
Workplace Gender Equality (WGE, Pathway 1), in partnership with influential businesses to establish coalitions across Investing in Women’s (IW) four target countries to advance WGE by shifting workplace culture and practices, and by supporting business to address policy barriers. Four Business Coalitions (BCs) have been established:
- The Philippines Business Coalition for Women Empowerment (PBCWE);
- Indonesia Business Coalition for Women Empowerment (IBCWE);
- Vietnam Business Coalition for Women Empowerment (VBCWE); and
- Business Coalition for Gender Equality (BCGE) in Myanmar.
The IT Consultant – Business Coalitions will assist each of the BCs to design and implement an IT Infrastructure that is robust, secure and that caters for the current and future needs of the BC. This infrastructure should be compatible with the existing IW and Abt Infrastructure so that the exchange of data / information will be simplified. Specifically, the IT Consultant – Business Coalitions will:
- Perform a detailed evaluation of the current IT Infrastructure of each of the four (4) BCs and make recommendation for improvement.
- Detailed Hardware (ex. Laptops), Software inventory and subscriptions (ex. Microsoft 365, Antivirus, etc) related to the technologies used.
- Where there is a need to migrate from one technology to another (ex. Google workspace to Microsoft 365), the IT Consultant will be required to manage the migration activities in collaboration with the relevant BC.
- Consult and Engage the BC point persons, IW Pathway 1 and IW MEL team to determine the required technical and data exchange requirements.
- Identify the appropriate file formats that should be used to exchanged data between the respective teams.
- Identify the collaboration platforms and file storage for data exchanges.
- Any proposals must comply with existing privacy laws and pass the security requirements of IW/Abt.
- Review each of the BC’s current Microsoft Account Registration and Setup to ensure they are compatible and able to join with IW’s MS Team Channel and that they are:
- Compliant with the security requirements of IW and Abt, such as having but not limited to Two-factor Authentication.
- Able to collaborate in chat discussion and file sharing.
- Able to upload/edit files (ex. MS Excel) using the BC’s Microsoft 365 desktop applications.
- Review the current Microsoft 365 subscription of each BC and implement changes as necessary to meet the requirements of the team.
- Ensure that they have the right license, and that a designated Microsoft 365 admin is assigned
- Assist the BC to manage their respective Microsoft 365 subscription (ex. assigning/removing licenses to their team members)
- They should be able to utilize the Autosave functions of Microsoft 365 application such as Excel so updates to their shared document and spreadsheets are done automatically.
- Provide guidance to each BC on ways to improve their information security position.
- Implement information security enhancements/strategies/procedures/systems including but not limited to: Two-factor authentication, Data Loss Prevention, Document Management system/strategy, disaster recovery/business continuity and other relevant technologies.
- Assist each BC in their engagement with their in-country IT service providers. Serve as a liaison between the parties to ensure that the needs/requirements of the BC will be translated into a language that the IT service provider understands.
- Any other duties/task that are directly related to this project as directed by the Business Partnerships Director.
We are seeking an individual who bring or who possess:
- Proficiency in English and the ability to communicate effectively
- The ideal Candidate must have Project Management and Change Management Skills
- Experience in developing and delivering training courses
- Knowledgeable in existing and emerging cloud technologies (Microsoft 365, Google Workspace)
- Proficient in MS Teams, Sharepoint, Onedrive, MS Office applications (ex. Excel, Powerpoint) Cisco Webex and other collaboration/productivity tools.
- Have knowledge in Data visualization/Presentation tools such as Power BI is desirable.
- Experience in Migration from Google Workspace (G Suite) to Microsoft 365 and/or vice versa.
Abt Associates is a mission-driven, global leader with a proven track record in complex program implementation in the international development sector. We offer bold solutions and technical excellence in Health, Economic Growth, Governance, Research & Evaluation, Environment & Energy, Gender Equality & Social Inclusion. Working with our many partners, we have driven measurable social impact for more than 55 years, to achieve our mission of improving the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. We operate in remote and challenging environments and employ more than 3,700 staff in over 50 countries. For more information about us and what we do, visit our website at www.abtassociates.com
Abt Associates values individuality and celebrates difference with a strong commitment to diversity, equality, racial equity, gender, and disability inclusion. We strongly encourage people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for this position. We offer flexible work arrangements and a culturally safe environment for staff members from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to safeguarding, to protect and prevent harm and abuse to individuals we work for and who work for us. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation. We will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, child abuse, sexual abuse or exploitation in any form, and expect everyone to be treated with respect and dignity.
How to apply:
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from experienced and capable women.
Please submit your application online and attach your resume/ CV and a cover letter addressing how you meet the each of the above job requirements.
Application close: 20 February 2022