Job Title: IT Assistant – UNGO Jobs
Responsible for IT services, implements IT management systems and provides daily technical support to users on information management tools and technology infrastructure for all staff in the regional office and ensure high delivery of IT services that capture, and enables the storage and processing of data. This will include responding to IT support requests via the helpdesk system, email, phone or verbal reports, trouble shooting and performing assigned IT projects. as well as preventing and rapidly responding to potential IT problems with line manager’s or supervisor’s directives.
Key Areas of Accountability:
* Provide client support and technical issue resolution using SCI helpdesk system.
* Ensure IT services are accessible and equipped with current hardware and software.
* Identify and prepare hardware for disposal when appropriate and ensure hardware is stripped and secured before disposal and should be disposed following SCI/donor guidelines.
* Carry out routine checks on electronic equipment in order to prevent their damage due to improper connections and operations or adverse acts of computer virus.
* Maintain physical security to IT equipment and offices.
* Networks administration; Routine checks to ensure optimal performance of LAN/WAN.
* Managing access controls for all network devices.
Provides administrative support, focusing on achievement of the following results:
* Maintenance of an up-to-date inventory of the software and hardware;
* Maintenance of a library of IT related reference materials related for the regional office.
* Maintenance of the inventory and stock of supplies and spare parts in cooperation with the Administration and Procurement Teams.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
Education & Experience:
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science; or High school graduate with relevant certifications in hardware and software management and application (Microsoft Certification, Cisco Certification)
* familiar with all the day-to-day aspects of managing the IT needs of an organisation, with specific areas of the role involving: familiarity with Windows and MS Office Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook), LAN/WAN infrastructures (routers, modems, switches, etc.); trouble shooting and administering a Microsoft Windows based network (LAN) and servers; good working knowledge of Windows server and domain system configuration, antivirus software for workstations and servers etc.;
* Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT Support.
* Working level of English communication is required.
Knowledge & personality:
* Shares knowledge and experience and provides helpful advice to others;
* Ability to provide IT support services including IT hardware/ infrastructure support, ERP support, other IT applications support, web design and maintenance;
* Good knowledge of PC/LAN operating systems, Microsoft Windows, corporate ICT security and viral protection systems, knowledge of web design, knowledge of Microsoft Windows network administration.
* Creativity and self-initiative, high degree of follow up and giving feedback and meeting deadlines
* Focuses on result for the staff and responds positively to feedback;
* Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude;
* Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexity.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bWtoYS44NTkwOC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20