Job Title: Interpreter – UNGO Jobs
Job Overview: The Interpreter provides in-person and/or remote interpretation to facilitate, with accuracy, impartiality, and confidentiality, the language needs of Limited English Proficient (LEP) individuals and their service providers. Activities include providing professional interpretation services, use of software to track assignments, and occasional trainings and assessments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide accurate, impartial, and confidential interpretation to LEP individuals and service providers in a variety of settings, including clinics, hospitals, schools, community-based organizations, and government agencies. Services may be rendered in-person, via telephone, videoconference, or other virtual means.
- Track assignments and work hours within designated software.
- Participate in trainings and assessments.
- May support special projects and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Certifications:
- High school diploma strongly preferred.
- Interpretation certification preferred.
- Relevant professional interpretation experience preferred.
- Experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly preferred.
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
- Cultural sensitivity; ability to build trust with clients, colleagues, and partners.
- Proficient in English, both spoken and written.
- Spoken proficiency in language(s) spoken by client group is required; including but not limited to Spanish, French, Arabic, Burmese (Chin, Matu, Rohingya, Karen, Karenni, Tedim), Kirundi, Kinyarwanda, Somali, Farsi, Dari, Pashto, Swahili, Amharic, Tigrinya, Nepali, Russian, Kunama, Afar, Sango, Dinka, Lingala, Oromo, Kurdish, Vietnamese, Korean, Urdu, and Hindi.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
- Basic computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Reliable transportation to appointment locations.
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: