Job Title: Internal Controller & Compliance Manager – UNGO Jobs
The Internal Controller &Compliance Manager will work under the immediate supervision and guidance of the Director Risk,Compliance &Government Relations (DRC&GR )and will be fully responsible for supporting compliance on programmes implementations, expenditures at CO and field offices to ensure policies and procedures are followed according to the agency and donor’s requirement and international audit standards are maintained. Internal Controller &Compliance Manager is also responsible for extensively visiting field offices to review financial management system , visiting project implementation sites to ensure quality of programs,reviw partners implementation sites and partners awareness trainings.This position also responsible for supporting external auditors to conduct audit and follow up on audit recommendations. The IC&CM is expected to instruct and follow up internal investigations on fraud cases and follow up on whistle blowing suggestions. The position is also expected to monitor and report on the implementation of Global Assurance Audit Findings, train and raise awareness on internal control systems and fraud prevention good practice. The incumbent is expected to maintain a robust internal control and governance environment and SC assets control.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Degree in Business Administration,Social Development,Accounting, Finance or releated field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience, with a minimum of 2 years spent within a country office capacity.
- Experience in internal auditing with non-profit / NGOs in Sudan is an additional asset.
- Proficient of in application of internal auditing theory, standards, procedures & techiniques.
- Experience in fraud awareness and case investigation management.
- An unquestionably high level of integrity and ethics
- Computer fluency; highly competent using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience working in complex financial systems.
- Excellent communication skills, initiative, the ability to meet tight deadlines and work independently is essential.
- Available to travel frequently to all country locations.
- Experience with Save the Children award management and financial systems (AMS and Agresso).
- Significant experience in fraud and corruption prevention.
- Significant experience in audit management.
- Professional Audit Qualification and any relevant professional qualifications is preferred
- Knowledge of the Sudan financial legal framework.
- Ability to operate in a cross cultural environment requiring flexibility
- Can be trusted to work independently with limited supervision.
- Can be trusted to keep sensitive information secure.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated.
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4wNDg2NS4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20