Job Title: Intern – Strategic Communications
About the European Climate Foundation
The European Climate Foundation (ECF) was founded in 2008 as a major philanthropic initiative to help tackle climate change by fostering the development of a low-carbon society at the national, European and global level.
We support over 500 partner organisations to carry out activities that contribute to the public debate on climate action, drive urgent and ambitious policy in support of the objectives of the Paris Agreement and help deliver a socially responsible transition to a net-zero emissions economy and sustainable society in Europe and around the world.
As towns, cities and countries around the world declare climate emergencies, seas rise, forests burn, glaciers melt, increasing numbers of people take to the streets demanding urgent action and our societies begin to wake up to what the science has been saying for many years, there has never been a more important time to be working on climate change.
The ECF brings together diverse perspectives and backgrounds to find the best innovative solutions to tackle climate change. We are focusing on engaging and hiring great people from a wide diversity of backgrounds to strengthen the cause. If you share our values of respect, innovation, and collaboration, join us.
About the role
The ECF’s Strategic Communications Team is currently accepting applications for the role of Intern working with both the Food, Nature, Climate Dialogue unit and the Net Zero Taskforce.
The Intern will be responsible for:
- Supporting the team with administrative tasks, scheduling calls, taking minutes, updating documents
- Supporting and contributing to the delivery of social media strategies, assisting in reporting back on campaigns
- Creating, editing, and publishing compelling digital content for social media
- Undertaking media analysis using network tools, including media monitoring and media database searches
- Supporting with other ad hoc outreach, research, logistic and administrative tasks
Experience and competencies
- A genuine interest in the mission and values of the ECF
- A passion for organising, and excellent attention to detail
- A passion for administrative tasks and the key role they occupy in this position
- A fast learner with a can-do attitude, comfortable to work in a dynamic international environment
- Superior English language skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of social media and communications (experience with social media management on platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, paid advertising experience is a plus)
- Experience creating engaging visual and written content for social media, using tools such as Canva or Lumen5
- Experience with media monitoring tools is a plus
- Good command of MS Office package (Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint) as well as other collaboration tools
- Able to work independently and a good team player
- Flexible with the ability to work towards deadlines, prioritising between multiple tasks
- An impeccable work ethic and ability to work with sensitive, confidential information
- The disposition to work generously with colleagues in a high-trust global community of peers
- The versatile and adaptable skills necessary to flourish in a fast-paced and wide-ranging work environment and work across phone/video conferencing, time zones, slack, email, Trello, etc.
- A commitment to an inclusive and empowering approach to facing climate, nutrition and biodiversity challenges
What we offer
- The unique opportunity to work as part of a highly dynamic group of individuals who combine their passion to make a difference with a rigorous and results-oriented approach to work;
- A flexible work environment and a space to develop and challenge yourself;
- A temporary 6-month contract, remunerated, on a full-time basis.
We are unable to offer sponsorship for a work permit.
As soon as possible
How to apply:
How to apply
Please upload the following here:
- your CV and
- a short cover letter, explaining why you would be suited to the position.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications will be treated confidentially. We will store your information in our internal database unless you specifically request otherwise.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion in our organisation. We strongly encourage candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups to apply.