Job Title: Institutions Project Manager – UKRAINE – UNGO Jobs
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
HI is re-opening a two-country program covering Ukraine and Moldova. In Ukraine, HI aims at intervening in the West and East of the country, adapting modalities of intervention to the various and diverging contexts of implementation. Aligning itself with the priorities of the Ukraine Flash Appeal HI pillars of interventions are the following:
· Health: HI aims to improve access to quality physical rehabilitation and mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) for conflict-affected vulnerable population. To this extent, HI will conduct direct health service provision to persons with injuries or disabilities while also strengthening the capacity of existing health structures.
· Protection: Recent and ongoing attacks having dangerously exacerbated Explosive Ordnance (EO) contamination in Ukraine, HI will conduct a multi-pronged approach to EO risk education, adaptable to the evolution of the conflict and humanitarian. In addition, HI will not only ensure that persons with disabilities are receiving tailored services throughout its intervention, but will also foster a disability- inclusive humanitarian response.
· Basic needs: to respond to the most acute needs for displaced households hosted by the local population or living in collective centers, HI will ensure they have access to sufficient and appropriate hygiene and Non-Food Items (NFI), including tailored items responding to the specific needs of infants, elderly people and persons with disabilities. To this extend, HI will tailor its intervention modalities upon household needs whilst considering local market capacities in various geographical areas. An approach including in-kind donations, vouchers and/or cash-based transfer will be designed at early stage of the project, in line with the evolution of the specific context
· Humanitarian-to-humanitarian logistics: HI will propose to emergency stakeholders mutualized storage and transportation to ensure delivery of emergency in-kinds as close as possible to the most affected populations.
Given the serious concerns pertaining to persons with disabilities who are faced with increased risks of abandonment, violence, injury and death, HI has also launched an assessment to identify the main risks and barriers for these vulnerable persons as well as their support persons and families focusing on areas of risks, i.e. Institutions, specifically in but not limited to the East.
· Funders : CDC-S, ECHO, UHF, AFH, 1212 – other grants being secured, JOA
· Total budget of HI Ukraine : 7 Millions in 2022
· Size of the teeam : 160
HI Ukraine is looking for an Institutions Project Manager for 3 months.
Given the serious concerns pertaining to persons with disabilities who are faced with increased risks of abandonment, violence, injury and death, HI is currently implementing an assessment to identify the main risks and barriers for them as well as their support persons and families focusing on areas of risks, i.e. institutions, specifically in but not limited to the East. Based on preliminary outputs of this assessment, HI is launching a project aiming at addressing needs of women, girls, men and boys living in institutional settings, such as, but not limited to: persons with disabilities, elderly people, children, other persons with specific needs, internally displaced persons. The project is primarily responding to the needs of institutions, but could also address other needs identified in other facilities and in communities, through the promotion of inclusive humanitarian assistance. Needs to be addressed at institutions level are expected to be multi-sectoral, including but not limited to: support to staffing, basic needs (food, non-food items, water supply, electricity, hygiene and sanitation, bedding, etc.) and specific needs (needs related to the specific physical, sensorial, mental, psychological and intellectual conditions of the residents).
As Project Manager, you regularly report to the Area/Operations Manager and other Managers involved in HI’s strategy implementation in-country. You also coordinate with local authorities, institutions’ management and other partners able to support and/or complement the response.
In this framework your main missions are:
· Management :
Line-manage the project’s team members
Manage the recruitment and selection of new team members/open positions.
Ensure strict application and respect of the programme’s Internal Regulations by the project team.
· Expertise: Multi-sectoral support to institutions:
Ensure that your project is implemented in the frame of technical and operational framework in link with technical resources
Make sure of the quality and relevance of project activities
Manage relationships with technical authorities, local partners or other stakeholders
· Implementation and Monitoring :
Ensure project implementation, in collaboration with the relevant services and in line with general standards and procedures
Ensure project data management and project reporting
· Influence & Communication :
Contribute to HI’s external influence by participating in relevant networks
Communicate on the project to partners, authorities and stakeholders when relevant.
· Strategy & business development :
Contribute to programme or country operational strategy (StratOp)
Contribute to the drafting of new proposals for new opportunities
With at least 3 years of experience in the humanitarian sector, on field, such as project management and/or protection mainstreaming:
· You have experience in emergency / conflicts settings
· You also have experience in managing humanitarian emergency response, including rapid needs assessment and emergency program design
· You have proven experience in managing protection projects
· You have excellent communication skills, a fluent English speaking is mandatory
· You show a great ability to foster teamwork
· You have strong writing and reporting skills
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
· Road transport safety: Road conditions sometimes degraded, weather conditions (ice, snow, rain), important traffic jams due to the movement of populations towards the western borders, and other road use behavior
· Control by authorities and security actors: Checkpoints on the main roads, and roadblocks at the entrance to villages by soldiers or defense volunteers.
· Criminality: Degraded economic situation.
· Conflict: Front line relatively well identifiable geographically; Lack of mapping (constantly changing situation), possible presence of IEDs/landmines difficult to identify/recognize.
· Health & living conditions: Particularly anxiety-provoking context due to the volatility of the security situation, weapons used, nuclear risks, illegibility of future scenarios, very regular sirens day and night, significant international media coverage involving high demands (personal and professional) on the team. Heavy workload, lack of sleep. Difficult living conditions – base being set-up (housing, food, privacy).
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 3 months International contract starting from 25th, April 2022
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2448 € gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem: 550 € net/month – paid in the field
· Hardship: 500 € net/month paid with your salary
· Paid leaves: 25 days per year; R&R: every 8 weeks
· Position unaccompanied
· Housing: Collective taken in charge by HI
If you are resident in the country: local package
How to apply:
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link:
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.