Job Title: Information Manager- Cameroon (French & English required)
Founded in 2011, the International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO) is an international non-governmental organisation that supports humanitarian aid workers by establishing safety coordination platforms in insecure contexts. INSO provides registered NGOs with a range of free services, including real-time incident tracking, analytical reports, safety-related data and mapping, crisis management support, staff orientations and training.
INSO services help NGOs with their day-to-day risk management responsibilities and improve their overall situational awareness to support evidence-based humanitarian access decisions.
INSO provides daily support to more than 1000 NGOs operating in 17 of the world’s most insecure countries and has earned a strong reputation for its performance, principles and professionalism.
INSO is a global NGO, registered in the Netherlands with its headquarters based in The Hague, the international city of peace and justice.
INSO has been covering the Far North region of Cameroon under INSO’s Lake Chad Basin regional platform that supports more than 121 NGOs to deliver aid and assistance to more than 8 million people across the region. INSO Cameroon will continue to cover the Far North region from Maroua and has extended coverage to the north-west and south-west regions with a field office in Buea and the country office in Yaoundé.
INSO is now seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Information Manager for Cameroon.
The primary aim of the position is to develop high quality data visualization products including maps and graphs, effectively manage INSO’s database as well as the registration process of INSO’s partners.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in GIS and Information Management, with inquisitive and detail oriented, and have significant experience building and leading high-performing teams
* Identify map information needs and sources in collaboration with the Research & Analysis and Operations teams.
* Collect geographical data for analysis and presentation.
* Produce high quality maps, graphs and other products to support INSO’s analysis and facilitate NGOs’ understanding of the conflict.
* Provide GIS-relevant inputs on field missions intended to gather data for INSO outputs, including maps.
Incident Database Management
* Ensure that information contained in the Cameroon Incident Database is correctly categorized, promptly updated and of easy access to its users.
* Monitor the accuracy and quality of data collected by Field Offices.
* Monitor the registration and update of INSO-registered partners through INSO’s Partners Portal (IPP).
* Supervise and support the Information Officer and GIS Officer (national positions).
* Closely work with Program, Operations and Training departments in order to understand and respond to their needs.
* Train Information Officer, the Assistant Safety Advisor or any other position with data-entry responsibilities on Database Management.
* Manage and regularly update SharePoint folders with relevant materials.
* Elaborate materials for advertising INSO services under the guidance of the correspondent departments.
* Fluency in English and French.
* Master’s degree or equivalent in GIS, Geography, Information Systems or relevant field.
* 3-5 years of experience in GIS and data visualization in a similar humanitarian organization and context.
* Extensive experience with ArcGIS for data management and manipulation, strong ArcGIS technical skills including creating topologically correct shapefiles and geodatabases.
* Knowledge and understanding of theories, concepts and approaches relevant to GIS and the management of information in crises contexts.
* Strong cartographic skills, including the development of templates and adherence to cartographic standards are highly desirable.
* Extensive experience with Excel, Access and Foxpro.
* Familiarity with QGIS and online-geoservices (such as Carto.com) highly is desirable.
* Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator.
* Experience in security and/or political mapping.
* Knowledge of analytical software (Tableau, SPSS, PowerBI).
* Prior knowledge of the Camerooncontext is an asset, working experience in this region a plus.
* Working experience with humanitarian organizations, particularly with NGOs.
* Staff management experience.
Key Personal Competencies:
* A people manager
* Quiet demeanour in stressful or crisis situations
* A good listener
* An effective communicator
* Team player
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent analytical skills
INSO’s Safeguarding Policy:
INSO is fully committed to safe recruitment, selection and vetting of all potential new staff, trustees and volunteers and we will ensure rigorous compliance with our Code of Conduct and Safeguarding policy throughout the recruitment process. As such, the following safe recruitment practices will be applied:
* All offers of employment will be conditional on receiving at least two satisfactory professional references.
* INSO will ask candidates about significant gaps in employment history or frequent changes of employer and address.
* All essential qualifications and relevant professional accreditations and memberships will be verified.
* The successful candidate will be required to provide a valid proof of identity (passport, ID card);
* All new hires will receive an orientation in INSO’s safeguarding policy and procedures and associated documents (Code of Conduct, Whistleblowing etc.);
* All new hires will be required to sign and abide by the Code of Conduct as a condition of employment.
Terms & Conditions: 12-month contract, €4550 per month salary, 4 days annual leave per month and 3 days of R&R every 3 months with €750 Allowance, global medical coverage (excluding USA), USD 200,000 AD&D coverage.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to send a completed application to email@example.com, referencing Information Manager” in the subject line of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Cover Letter specifying how you meet the mandatory requirements, any preferred characteristics, your motivation for applying, and what you hope to bring to INSO (2 pages maximum).
* Updated CV (3 pages maximum).
Please do not send any additional information (such as copies of certificates, copies of diplomas, other writing samples, etc.) and keep the total size of your application under 2MB if possible.