Job Title: Information Management Officer – UNGO Jobs
Position Title : Information Management Officer
Duty Station : Panama City, Panama
Classification : Professional Staff, Grade UG
Type of Appointment : Special short-term ungraded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 26 April 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Internal and external candidates will be considered for this vacancy. For the purposes of this vacancy, internal candidates are defined as staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded or ungraded contract, including Junior Professional Officers (JPOs), staff on Special Leave Without Pay (SLWOP), and staff members on secondment/loan released by the Organization, unless otherwise specified in their contract. Staff members holding a regular, fixed-term or short-term graded contract will not retain their contract type if appointed to an ungraded position.
In response to the massive outflow of the large-scale population movements registered in Latin America and the Caribbean as a result of the political, socio-economic and human rights situation in the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, and in line with its mandate, the IOM is implementing the Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan in 17 countries in LAC regions. As of March 2022, more than 6 million refugees and migrants from Venezuela are outside their country of origin, with more than 5 million in the region alone. Moreover, as mandated by the UN Secretary-General, IOM and UNHCR are co-leading this regional response and have established a Regional Inter-agency Coordination Platform based in Panama. The Regional Platform aims at addressing the protection, assistance, and integration needs of both refugees and migrants from Venezuela in affected Latin American and Caribbean states.
In this context, the International Organization for Migration recognizes the importance of accurate and timely information to advise an adequate humanitarian response in a local and regional level, particularly to provide data for the production of planning documents (Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan), monitoring of partners’ interventions, and reporting on response.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Inter-agency Coordination Unit for the Office of the DG’s Special Envoy for the Regional Response to the Venezuelan Situation based in Panama and the direct supervision of the Sr. Information Management Officer, the Information Management Officer will be responsible for providing support and assistance for information management activities in relation to the Regional Inter-agency Coordination Platform for Refugees and Migrants from Venezuela (R4V).
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
Participate in the implementation of the integrated methodology for data collection and information management across all R4V activities.
Monitor the Regional Refugee and Migrant Response Plan (RMRP) 2022 (and future RMRPs) implementation as per agreed timelines and draft progress reports.
Provide technical information and guidance on data collection processes and reporting mechanisms.
Carry out appropriate systems back up, restoration, and data validation, and implement relevant security procedures.
Provide technical guidance to the R4V Platform as well to the national and sub-regional platforms to facilitate the effective use of the designated information systems, including offline and online tools and applications and other systems.
Generate specific information products for the R4V Regional platform as well as the National and Sub-Regional platforms. These products include infographics, dashboards, maps, reports, etc.
Assist in consolidating strategies and creating guidance documents for the national and sub-regional platforms to generate baseline data for the RMRP planning such as population figures, projections, people in need, target population, and funding requirements.
Provide technical support to national platform staff to comply with requirements for data collection and management, surveys and assessments, and maintenance and support of database systems.
Contribute to the design of effective IM solutions to meet R4V-related needs in an accurate and timely manner.
Analyze existing Platform systems and structural capacities, availability of relevant datasets, and data and information gaps, and prepare technical inputs for the preparation of various proposals.
Conduct specific information management training modules for partners.
Check that the implementation of information management systems and applications adhere to Information Technology and Communication (ITC) Policies and Standards.
Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Geography, Statistics or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience in methodologies to calculate population and projection figures oriented to
• Experience working with humanitarian sectors, specifically with an inter-sector focus;
• Desired experience with Humanitarian Needs Overview (HNO) and Humanitarian Response
Plan (HRP) process as well as the humanitarian program cycle;
• Proven experience with strategic planning approaches, information/ data analysis, and report writing;
• Experience in management of work teams;
• Knowledge or experience of regional issues an advantage;
• Work experience in donor relations and report writing for specific donors of IOM’s interest would be an advantage;
• Experience managing common operational datasets.
• Solid analytical and drafting skills;
• Excellent internal and external communication skills; and,
• Knowledge of the Cluster system and/or similar experience in migrant protection work.
IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English and Spanish is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
1 Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link. https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile. Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 26 April 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 13.04.2022 to 26.04.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank
Requisition: CFA 2022 19 Information Management Officer (UG) Panama City, Panama (57524763) Released
Posting: Posting NC57524764 (57524764) Released
Page 5 I 5