Job Title: Human Resources Officer – UNGO Jobs
The International Catholic Migration Commission (ICMC) is an international operating non-governmental organization serving and protecting uprooted people – refugees, internally displaced persons and migrants –regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC advocates for rights-based policies and durable solutions directly and through a worldwide network of member bishops conferences, and alongside government and non-governmental partners.
ICMC has been operational in the Middle East since 2002, implementing humanitarian assistance programs in support of refugees in Lebanon, Jordan and Syria. Most recently, ICMC is providing emergency humanitarian assistance to Syrian refugees in Jordan with funding support from the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Population, Refugees and Migration (BPRM).
For its operations in Jordan, ICMC is recruiting a dynamic and committed Human Resources Officer to manage all HR functions (including: recruitment, training and coaching, staff performance and attendance, compensation and benefits and be a focal point for Medical and Life Insurance).
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as HR advisor to management on HR related matters.
- Provide interpretation of policies and practices and ensure proper implementation.
- Responsible for employment administration for projects staff to include hiring, personnel changes, and facilitation of terminations.
- Provide HR operations support to projects to include HR due diligence, compensation and benefits management, HR information management and personnel file compliance.
- Serve as employee relations officer for project providing support in areas of performance management, conflict resolution, HR Communications, etc.
- Responsible for Job Vacancy advertising;
- Recruit, test, interview and select applicants by ensuring appropriate matches between the new personnel and the job position;
- Induct and carry out briefing; so that new employees can familiarize with ICMC policies, work culture and management in order to foster the team work of the NGO and give a common vision to the organization as a whole.
- Coach/inform/provide new personnel with the full information on the organization’s core values, description of the colleague’s specific role and position within the mission
- Prepare contracts and job description for the staff.
- Maintain complete personnel files for ICMC employees.
- Oversee Staff attendance and keep updated track of staff leaves.
- Prepare employees database and payroll related sheets by ensuring the proper management and the regular update of HR database.
- Focal point for the Medical & Life insurance, maintain all records of ICMC’s medical insurance scheme and ensure that claims are processed within agreed time limits and staff are regularly informed of any changes or additions to the scheme.
- Manager leavers process and ensure smooth implementation.
- Keep up to date with the latest provisions of the Jordanian labor legislation and prepare short briefs for the management on the latest policy and legislative changes related to the labor law.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the preparation of the necessary documentation for the tax and Social Security departments.
- Perform any other duty assigned by the supervisor
- University degree in business administration or any related field.
- Minimum of four years professional experience, experience in NGO sector is a must.
- Excellent Arabic and English spoken and written language skills.
- Excellent command of MS Office and other computer programs, including good typing skills.
- Proven experience in HR and familiarity with the labor legislation are required.
- Proven experience in translation of various official documentation.
- Excellent team working skills.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit a detailed Curriculum Vitae with full and up to date contact details via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is 26th April 2022.
Applications will be evaluated upon reception and interviews with shortlisted candidates may be conducted before the closing date. Referees may be contacted prior to the interviewing stage.
Owing to the volume of applications, ICMC regrets that only applicants short-listed for an interview will be notified.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
ICMC is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for applicants and employees. ICMC strives to ensure equal employment opportunities and equal access to employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, national origin, religion, physical or mental ability, marital status and age. Applications will be treated with strict confidentiality.