Job Title: Human Resources Assistant G5
JOB TITLE: Human Resources Assistant
TYPE OF CONTRACT: Fixed-Term Appointment
JOB GRADE: G5
UNIT/DIVISION: Human Resources Unit
DUTY STATION (City, Country) Bangkok, Thailand
DURATION: 1 year, renewable
VACANCY NUMBER: 155686
In alignment with WFP corporate direction and Regional priorities the incumbent will support with co-ordination of career and staff development, performance management, onboarding activities and assist with the implementation of the regional learning plan. Perform a variety of HR and administrative actions including HR data analytics and reporting to facilitate effective HR service delivery.
Reporting to the Regional HR Officer, the Human Resources Assistant will be assigned the following duties (not all-inclusive).
- Provide administrative support and coordination of various HR learning and development activities and initiatives such as onboarding of new employees, workshops and training events. Support the HR team with overall HR administration including HR travel/mission and any ad-hoc requests.
- Use HR management systems for entering and updating a variety of HR data including assistance in monitoring various deadlines (e.g. performance management, mandatory training etc.), ensuring compliance with the established deadlines and accuracy of readily available HR data.
- Extract, compile and analyse variety of data on HR activities, including budget & financial data analysis and statistics on Career Management and learning and development achievements and trends, including performance management and training requirements, to support analysis and reporting needs.
- Provide guidance and on-the-job training to other staff, to support their development and increased knowledge of HR systems and procedures required to perform their duties.
- Provide support with general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients including advice on WFP HR policies and procedures on career management and related activities.
- Draft and prepare a range of HR documentation required for various HR projects, planning and roll-out training related documents, ensuring accuracy and meeting established deadlines.
- Liaise with other internal units/offices on HR related matters and provide necessary information in order to enable timely HR services.
- Maintain and develop relationships with all key partners within the Regional Bureau, Country Offices and Headquarters.
- Maintain confidential personnel records, HR databases and archives, to ensure data and files are accurately stored and updated in compliance with the established standards.
- Support with timely administrative action related to staff deployment to enable WFP to respond quickly to a crisis.
- Any other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A University degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business/Public Administration or related fields is an advantage.
• Five years of responsible work experience in Human Resources administration in a global/multinational organization.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
• At least one year of working experience in the area of Staff training, Learning and Development and/or Performance Management is an advantage. Working experience in the area of HR data analysis, statistics and reporting.
• Good number orientation and attention to detail with ability to analyze data and reports.
• Good communication skills, both verbally and in writing, and ability to establish relationships with a variety of individuals across and outside WFP
• Proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Working experience in ERP/SAP systems and tools.
• Experience in training others on HR tools and procedural activities.
Language: Proficiency in both oral and written communication skills in English and Thai.
The United Nations World Food Programme is a leading organization delivering food assistance and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience. We also support governments of developing countries in their efforts to eliminate hunger and malnutrition by addressing the underlying causes and disparities in access to food and good nutrition to ensure that no one is left behind in line with the Agenda 2030, Sustaining Peace and Agenda for Humanity. WFP is particularly focused on Goal 2 (Zero Hunger) and Goal 17 (Partnerships).
The 2020 Nobel Peace Prize awarded to WFP is recognition that ending hunger is a critical first step towards global peace. WFP recognizes that one of the greatest contributions it can make to humanity is to provide a voice to the 690 million hungry people in the world. The Nobel Peace Prize gives us a platform to make their needs heard and to mobilize support for the assistance they need.
Female applicants and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. (National Positions)
WFP is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all qualified candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organisation. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection & recruitment process, and for work-related needs upon joining the Programme. WFP has zero tolerance for sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority or discrimination. All selected candidates will, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.*
How to apply:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Thursday 20th January 2022, 23:59 hrs Bangkok time
This vacancy announcement is for Nationals from Thailand. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To be considered, interested candidates are invited to apply via https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=155686&company=C0000168410P