Job Title: Head of Operations in Ukraine – UNGO Jobs
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is currently looking for a Head of Operations to provide strategic guidance and leadership to Ukraine Mission operations.
Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH), Warsaw-based international non-governmental organization with a representation office in Ukraine;
Position: Head of Operations
Location: Lviv with posible travel to program locations
Job terms: full-time
Type of employment: Full time
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: ASAP.
We strongly encourage qualified candidates to apply as soon as it is possible as the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is an international non-governmental organization which since 1992 has been providing humanitarian and development help worldwide. So far, the interventions have been carried out in 46 different countries. By possessing long-standing expertise in the implementation of projects in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene, Food Security and Livelihoods, as well as Nutrition and Education, PAH concentrates its global activities on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering from the consequences of armed conflicts, natural disasters and other humanitarian crises.
PAH has been present in Ukraine since August 2014 delivering humanitarian aid to the most vulnerable of the conflict-affected population. PAH provides assistance to internally displaced people, elderly and single mothers, working in the sectors of Protection, WASH, MPCA, Food Security and Livelihoods.
For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading the Operations Team (finance & accounting, HR, logistics & procurement, administration);
- Managing current projects of the operations department;
- Managing operational budget, mission’s budget reporting, cash flow reporting, fund transfers requests;
- Supervision of the financial and accounting processes in terms of their accuracy; NAV check list preparation and signing with accountants;
- Providing complete and accurate documentations of all operational processes; managing agreements, coordination of documents records, consulting relevant documents and activities;
- Solving operational issues reported by stakeholders (HQ, donors, programs);
- Continuous improvement of operational processes; implementing and updating procedures, managing current optimization projects of the department ;
- Ensuring that logistics and supply set-ups and process are adapted to context;
- Administrative costs management and optimization;
- Ensuring operational compliance with internal procedures, donors requirements and local regulations;
- Developing and implementing internal policies and procedures to ensure that core internal operational functions achieve their objectives ;
- Writing monthly/quarterly/annual reports compatible with the guidelines;
- Coordinating processes and procedures for the development and of PAH annual operational plan and management of schedule and budget against implementation;
- Cooperating with external auditors and supervision bodies;
- Full management of PAH HR processes, including improving and managing recruitment; appraisal processes; induction of new staff members; contracting, benefits and employment law compliance; ensuring a safe and healthy working environment; employee performance management, well-being and professional development in coordination with relevant line managers;
- Supervising the realization of the PAH annual strategy.
The successful candidate will be selected based on the qualification requirements described below:
- Experience in managing operations (minimum 3 years) within difficult operating environments;
- Proven experience in staff management in cross-cultural environment, including capacity building, training and facilitation skills (at least 5 years);
- Solid understanding of financial systems, including budgeting and budget analysis experience (previous experience in finance management highly desirable);
- Knowledge of logistics, HR and office administration procedures;
- Sound understanding of local context and humanitarian & social needs of most vulnerable population groups in Ukraine.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Strong results orientation with the ability to challenge existing mind-sets;
- Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload;
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong sense of personal and professional integrity;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools;
- University degree in relevant field;
- Languages: Full proficiency (C1/C2) in spoken and written English required, knowledge of Ukrainian will be an asset.
How to apply:
Please fill in the online application form and submit your short resume (max.2 pages) and cover letter in English by May 11th 2022.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Due to the urgency to fill the post, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. PAH reserves the right to close the job opening before the deadline.