Job Title: Hanoi – Senior Business Development Manager – National Only
Funding Strategy and NBD Change Management
- Leads the design and delivery of a high quality CO funding strategy which aligns program demand (Country Strategic Plans) with funding supply (donor landscape), with a focus on priority thematic areas. This strategy will include both public and private funding sources.
- Drives and accelerates sustainable portfolio growth for Save the Children working in alignment with the regional and global funding strategy. This position is expected to increase 10-15% of the CO portfolio during the strategic period of 2022-24.
- With guidance and support from the regional resource mobilisation team, supports country TE, Finance, AM, PDQ staff with capacity building around business development.
- Ensures best practice ways of working by attending regional BD Communities of Practice and embedding best practice into country ways of working.
- Establishes continuous learning efforts in order to implement best practices and learn from processes so future BD efforts are improved.
- Supports the Country Director, PDQ Director, and Technical teams to build strong relationships and funding partnerships.
- Proactively engages on a strategic basis with donors (institutional, corporate, foundation and other donors) in order to facilitate technical programme exchanges, influence policy and thinking, and identify key areas of potential cooperation, including programme funding.
- Ensure teams follow a best practice approach and system to planning, and undertaking stakeholder engagement with identified prospects and ongoing key partnerships.
Strategic Portfolio Planning
- Supports strategic planning and operational processes and tools that achieve high quality award portfolios.
- Conducts donor landscape mapping, identifies and researches suitable donors for the CO
- Develops donor engagement plans, coordinates and tracks donor engagement
- Understands and effectively communicates the country’s pipeline and priority funding gaps, as agreed with CD and country leadership. These may include thematic/program gaps, co-financing gaps, and operational sustainability gaps.
- Proactively works with the regional resource mobilisation teams to drive improvement in strategic portfolio planning across the movement.
Capture Planning and Opportunity Preparation
- Scans for funding opportunities and liaises with Members about specific funding opportunities
- Facilitates conversations with PDQ, TE, and Operations teams to gather intelligence, assess competitiveness, makes Go/No Go decisions, and ensures adequately resourcing for pursuing all strategic funding opportunities.
- Maintains and builds capacity in systems or processes for collecting donor, implementing partner, and competitor intelligence and information.
- Proactively supports PDQ and TE teams where necessary to rigorously assess the strengths and weaknesses of potential strategic partnerships for programme development and implementation.
- Supports country leadership’s strategic decision making to form programming consortia which strengthen both programming and resource mobilization outcomes.
- In cooperation with PDQ leads on large or complex proposals for the CO
- In cooperation with the Award Manager, facilitates online/ offline Design Workshops for the proposal design
- In cooperation with Program Implementation Director, ensures partners are properly engaged during the proposal process
- Reviews the final proposal to ensure the highest quality submission
- Demonstrates solid commercial awareness through contributing to Value for Money calculations in proposal development, as required by donors
- Tracks proposal outcomes and identify lessons learned
Human Resource Management and Development
- Supports capacity development, coaching and mentoring of team and individual staff, develop and holds self accountable for creating opportunities for staff development and implementation of succession plans for key positions, including self.
- Provides guidance to the Proposal and Reporting Specialist in proposal management and manage their workplan
- Develops CO capacities in business development and roll out of NBD operating procedures
- Provides input to country risk management plans and ensures all respective actions are implemented with a particular attention to child-safeguarding, safety and security
- Effective use of the Performance Management System through effective use of the Develop to Perform system including the establishment of clear, measurable objectives, on-going feedback, periodic reviews and fair and unbiased evaluations;
- Supports and promote accountability and high performance; encourages a team culture of learning, creativity and innovation, freeing up people to deliver outstanding results for children
- Drives effective and joined-up strategic resource mobilization for emergencies within the country.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS4yMDg4MC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20