The Alliance of Bioversity International and the International Center for Tropical Agriculture (CIAT) delivers research-based solutions that harness agricultural biodiversity and sustainably transform food systems to improve people’s lives. Alliance solutions address the global crises of malnutrition, climate change, biodiversity loss, and environmental degradation.
With novel partnerships, the Alliance generates evidence and mainstreams innovations to transform food systems and landscapes so that they sustain the planet, drive prosperity, and nourish people in a climate crisis.
The Alliance is part of CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food-secure future.
About the position
The Analyst – Grants Management will support the administration and management of the assigned portfolio of grants, ensuring compliance with donor requirements, excellent donor stewardship, and timely and high-quality information management for the Alliance. The Analyst will also be responsible for the administration of sub-grants awarded under her/his portfolio of grants, ensuring assessment of partners’ capacity and compliance of sub-granting contracts with prime donor requirements.
A. Grants Administration
• Provide support to the management and monitoring of the portfolio of projects assigned and ensure that the commitments of the Legal documents with the donors & partners are accomplished in the dates established.
• Conduct review of donor contracts against the Alliance’s policies and procedures and facilitate the process of contract clearance and signature.
• Facilitate the negotiation of contracts with donors for their subsequent execution taking into account the policies and procedures established by the organization.
• Set up new grants in the systems and communicate grant opening to internal stakeholders so they are duly informed of compliance requirements and passport information of the grant.
• Maintain an overview of reporting requirements (deadlines, templates, etc.) and communicate it regularly to relevant internal stakeholders.
• Work closely with the resource mobilization unit, finance, legal, researchers and other areas of the organization to ensure that contracts are executed on time.
• Liaise with donors on all grant-related issues, including submission of donor reports and requests for project modifications.
• Support scientists in the overall management and monitoring of grants, sharing information about compliance requirements and reviewing adherence to them.
B. Sub-grants administration
• Coordinate capacity assessment and due diligence review of prospective partners.
• Ensure Partners’ awareness of reporting requirements, research ethics and contractual compliance.
• Support the review of Sub-grant agreements connected to the assigned project portfolio to ensure compliance with prime donor’s requirements.
• Track and collect cleared reports to be filed in the appropriate digital repositories.
• Provide ongoing support to internal stakeholders and partners throughout the Sub-grant lifecycle on administrative and compliance issues including contract modifications.
Required qualification and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, International Relations, Economics, Business Administration or another relevant field.
• Experience in the administration and monitoring of grants (review and negotiation of grant contracts, donor reporting, monitoring of grant implementation, development or implementation of grant-related procedures, grants management training and facilitation).
• Experience of project management, including understanding of project budgeting, budget management and financial issues.
• Proficiency in relevant software programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Excellent organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines while still maintaining attention to detail and accuracy, and problem solve effectively.
• Proven track record of building collaborative relationships across and within internal teams, and with external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated to ability to work effectively as part of a team with people in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, including with external stakeholders; excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent communication skills in English, both verbal and written including the ability to organize and write clear and concise reports.
• Knowledge of the CGIAR and/or international development agencies.
• Experience of implementing and/or using information management systems (grants databases, ERP systems, etc.).
• Experience and capacity to build long-term relationships with stakeholders.
Skills and competence
• Previous experience working for international development and/or research organizations, NGOs or UN agencies is highly desirable.
• Communication skill in French would be considered a plus.
Terms of employment
This is a full-time position and available for Filipino nationals based in Los Banos, Philippines. The successful candidate should be available to commence as soon as possible for an initial of two (2) years fixed term contract, with the possibility of contract renewal depending on performance and funding situation.
The Alliance Bioversity-CIAT offers a multicultural, collegial research environment with competitive salary and excellent benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer and strive for gender and diversity inclusion among our staff, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, or any other defining characteristic.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to apply online through the Alliance Careers website ( Careers | Alliance Bioversity International – CIAT (alliancebioversityciat.org) by clicking on the “Apply” button, completing the online application and attaching a cover letter illustrating the suitability for the above position against the qualifications, competencies, skills together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience.
This position is urgent and will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is found. Only qualified applicants with relevant skills and experience will be contacted. Applications should be submitted no later than 26/4/2022.