Job Title: Grants Coordinator – Syria – Damascus
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in SYRIA
Our mission in Syria has been open since 2008. PUI develops its integrated approach with infrastructure, WASH, education and livelihoods actions. Furthermore, PUI works on rehabilitating collective and private shelters and infrastructure, on emergency and early recovery WASH interventions, on education support for conflict-affected populations, and on enhancing the self-reliance of Syria’s population through livelihoods . Today, the mission is implementing 6 projects
What about the Grants Coordinator – Syria?
As Grants Coordinator, you will ensure the accountability of PUI’s programs. You will ensure that grant proposals, donors’ reports and internal reports are responsive to identified needs in the country and consistent with PUI’s overall strategy. In addition, you will work for the production of quality and timely documentation, in compliance with donors’ requirements and organization’s guidelines, contributing to a constant learning and capacity building process specifically to strengthen national staff capacities.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Fundraising strategy: You will contribute to build the fundraising strategy of the whole country program by assessing the existing in-country sources of funding and donors’ strategies.
- Grants management: You will be the focal point for program design and proposal development, donor reporting, analyzing donors guidelines, grants information management and grants management capacity-building efforts.
- Internal reporting and institutional knowledge management and capacity building: You will be responsible for following up calls for proposals and granted funding to ensure appropriately designed projects, quality funding applications and donor reporting submissions, as well as donor and sub-grant compliance across all projects.
The challenges that await you :
- Develop donor’s relations
- Ensure Grants team capacity building
- Plan and coordinate Grants Management
- Design mission’s communication strategy
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Bachelor’s or Master‘s degree in a field related to Project management, international development and/or social sciences.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 2 years of a previous NGO experience in grants management, program development or grant compliance. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You demonstrate good capacities in writting and coordinating high quality proposals for major donors and show knowledge of major main institutional donors’ rules and regulations (e.g., ECHO, BPRM, ECHO, DFID, CDC, AFD, UNICEF and the UNHCR). You are able to write, review and edit narrative and financial reports and show excellent attention to detail.
- Qualities : You are able to work independently, to take responsibility in a proactive approach in order to make proposals and to identify solutions. You are self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the teams and organization, and you show strong commitment to humanitarian principles. You show diplomacy and open-mindedness, resilience to stress and an ability to manage priorities and varied workloads. You have good analytical, problem solving and leadership skills and are able to guarantee effective and timely outputs. You also have an ability to integrate into the local environment, taking account of its political, economic and historical characteristics.
- Languages : English has no secret for you? All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak French, Spanish and/or Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Syria mission is an emblematic one within PUI. This assignment will give you the opportunity to work in a context that was at center stage of global geopolitics these last 10 years. Today, Syria mission is reshaping its programs strategy and will rely on Grants team to succeed on this new challenge. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 2, 4 and 8 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.