Job Title: Global Website Support Officer, UNOPS International Specialist IICA-2 or LICA-10, Bangkok
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is recruiting for a Global Website Support Officer within the Digital Service of the of the Division of External Relations.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 130 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions of people.
UNHCR is almost entirely funded by voluntary contributions from governments and private donors.
Title: Global Website Support Officer**
Duty Station: Bangkok, Thailand
Duration: 01 February – 31 December 2022**
Contract Type: UNOPS International Specialist, Level IICA-2 / (UNOPS Local ICA Specialist Level LICA-10)
Closing date: 23rd January 2022
The Digital Service sits under the Division of External Relations (DER) and serves departments within DER and the wider organization. The increased engagement of digital supporters is at the heart of UNHCR’s private-sector fundraising strategy. The digital team creates, builds, and promotes digital solutions for all UNHCR’s audiences including the public, partners, refugees, governments and colleagues to change the way UNHCR communicates and engages through digital technology and channels.
This position will work with the existing Digital Solutions team at HQ and in the regional offices to provide support for mainly WordPress-powered websites supporting the global Organization’s communication and fundraising strategies. This will require developing new features, streamlining and triaging requests, monitoring websites, troubleshooting incidents and communicating with internal stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be based in Bangkok and working for UNHCR’s Division of External Relations (DER), Digital Service.
Purpose and Scope
• Support: Troubleshoot, escalate, or fix incidents on WordPress sites, and communicate with stakeholders on incidents resolution. Document incidents and maintain a knowledge base for the support of the website’s portfolio
• Development: Monitor and continuously improve existing WordPress websites. Produce and maintain technical documentation
• Stay aware of security threats and fix/report any identified vulnerabilities
• Work closely and collaborate with other project team members in DES including designers, UX specialists, SEO officers, digital marketing officers, project managers, web analytics specialists and web developers
• Carry out other web-related tasks as requested.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management of Information Systems, Communications, Social Sciences or related field
• Minimum 6 years (or 5 years for a master’s degree holder) of previous relevant job experience in IT, database administration
• Experience developing / supporting WordPress websites, troubleshooting issues and tracking incidents
• Knowledge of websites development best practices and standards
• Knowledge of basic web security including security audits and OWASP vulnerabilities (desirable).
• Knowledge of code versioning tools including git/github
• Good understanding of the concepts of user experience, user interface design principles and conceptual design (desirable)
• Knowledge of front-end development technologies including Bootstrap, jQuery and React/Angular (desirable)
• Eye for design and attention to details (desirable)
• Demonstrated ability in providing IT or web support to internal audiences
• Experience working for a UN agency or similar international humanitarian organization (desirable)
Essential Cross-Functional competencies
• Commitment to continuous learning
• Quick learner who is self-motivated, has a positive approach and eager to grow their capabilities
• Willingness to keep abreast of new developments in the field of expertise
• Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously (desirable)
• Teamwork – good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity
• Planning and Organizing – ability to plan projects and activities, work to tight deadlines, and manage conflicting priorities
Key Technical Skills
• Technological Awareness – good knowledge in the field of web development and user experience. Good understanding of current online/digital technology.
• Professionalism – good knowledge of the field of expertise with good analytical skills, ability to understand complex problems and to deliver appropriate solutions.
• Communication – good spoken and written communication skills, including the ability to liaise with technical staff and present information in a clear and concise style.
• Strong writing skills and technological literacy and ability to use a wide range of web related applications (required)
• Good organizational and project management skills (desirable)
• User Orientation – ability to understand users’ needs and to customize services and products accordingly, to provide user-friendly and ergonomic solutions that meet user requirements.
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written (required)
• Working knowledge of French or other UN languages is an asset
Location and Conditions
The successful candidate will be placed in Bangkok, Thailand. It is a full-time role starting from 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week).
How to apply:
To learn more and apply, please visit https://bit.ly/3n6tayR
This vacancy is open both for applicants residing in Thailand, as well as for those residents of other countries. The remuneration level and the applicable entitlements and benefits may be different based on the residence of the most suitable selected candidate.
The UNHCR workforce consists of many diverse nationalities, cultures, languages and opinions. UNHCR seeks to sustain and strengthen this diversity to ensure equal opportunities as well as an inclusive working environment for its entire workforce. Applications are encouraged from all qualified candidates without distinction on grounds of race, colour, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
Please note that UNHCR does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, travelling, processing, training or any other fees).
The deadline for applications is 23 January 2022 midnight CET