Job Title: Fundraising Assistant Intern – UNGO Jobs
To foster transformative justice as the foundation for real and sustainable peace in Syria, by supporting organic civil society development and promoting discourses and narratives within and around the Syrian context that are rights-based, pluralistic, inclusive, and that facilitate holistic truth and understanding.
The Fundraising Assistant Intern will be primarily responsible for updating the fundraising database, proofreading and contributing to reports and project proposals, as well as other relevant tasks. The Intern will work closely with the Communication and Fundraising Manager to assure smooth implementation of the Fundraising strategy and action plan.
The right candidate should have an education background in business management, international development, international relations, political science, or a related field. S/he should also have excellent verbal and written Arabic skills (native speaker level), and good English language skills. This opportunity is open for 2 interns located in Germany, however, the tasks can be carried out remotely with flexible working hours.
This is an unpaid internship that will last approximately 12 weeks.
Terms of Reference:
* Assist in identifying new funding sources and regularly monitoring for new funding opportunities.
* Assist in managing the fundraising database and maintaining all contacts, information and deadlines for each grant up to date.
* Assist in preparing letters of inquiries and concept notes.
* Proofread reports in English and contribute to developing them in terms of visualization and content.
* Attend internal meetings, information sessions on grants and meetings with partners and take minutes.
* Related education background.
* Fluent in Arabic, Arabic native speaker preferred.
* Good English writing, proofreading, and editing skills.
* Proficiency in MS Office.
* Interest in peace-building, human rights and the Syrian file.
* Ability to work well independently.
* Ability to pay attention to details and produce work in a timely manner.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should send their application to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30th of April. Please refer to this announcement in the email subject as follows: Fundraising Assistant Intern. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.