Job Title: FSL & Cash Coordinator (Call for talent pipeline) – UNGO Jobs
The purpose of this pipeline post is to identify ready to acquire talents for our programme operations team.
The main objective the Food Security, Livelihoods & Cash Coordinator position will be to ensure high quality delivery of Food Security, Livelihoods & Cash Coordinator interventions, in a wide range of integrated services.
The activities might be implemented in partnership with local organizations or authorities.
The Food Security, Livelihoods & Cash Coordinator will assist the Project Manager/Programme Operation Manager with the start-up, implementation, and monitoring of livelihoods activities and will be responsible for the technical oversight of the project-related activities on behalf of Save the Children, to ensure building the technical capacity of relevant staff and ensuring quality and timely delivery of activities. The Food Security, Livelihoods & Cash Coordinator will also play a main role in ensuring truly integrated programing by promoting intense collaboration between Save the Children and partner staff in the field.
Note: In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A degree in Economics, Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Social Sciences, Community Development or related field
- Minimum 4 years of experience in food security, livelihood and cash programmes
- Proven experience in relations with private sector
- Experience in project management (e.g. monitoring, reporting).
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports.
- Previous (extensive) experience in working with youth and adolescents
- Excellent technical understanding of food security, livelihood and cash and adolescent/youth focused approaches
- Great ability to think holistically, child-centred and with innovation to find solutions to complex issues, such as child labour
- Substantial knowledge and experience of establishing employability and entrepreneurship programs
- Proven excellency in delivering capacity building efforts in the field of food security, livelihood and cash, including leading trainings, and willingness to dedicate time to staff and partner development.
- Excellent knowledge about the Turkish legal framework, especially in relation to entrepreneurship, employment and cash assistances
- Experience in working through a partner organisation in a complex stakeholder environment; ability to create positive, supportive and solution-oriented working relationships with partner organisation
- Able to work independently as well as in team to ensure timely results of high quality
- Strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Advanced working knowledge with MS Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams)
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English and Turkish, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Attention to details as well as to risks to child safe programming, or other matters that impacts on accountability.
- Preferably strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in Arabic, with experience in working with multicultural teams
- Technical experience in the field of child protection or protection (including social work) as well as gender will be considered as an asset
- Preferably experience in working with NGOs – and ideally also with project implementation through partnerships
- Experience in working with refugees is highly desired
Position holder will be based in Istanbul, therefore legal right to work in Turkey is necessary at the time of application.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Save the Children is committed to create a truly inclusive, effective and representative organisational culture, encouraging equity and diversity among its employees and eliminating discrimination. Having a diverse profile of employees, different age groups, backgrounds, cultures, gender identities and expressions, sexual orientation etc., including a range of different experiences and capabilities helps us understand, represent and serve children better. Therefore all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=c2luYW4uNTg5MTkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t