Job Title: Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – Lebanon – Beirut
Fixed-term contract – 3 months
Starting date : ASAP
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in Lebanon
Our mission in Lebanon has been open since 2012. PUI develops its integrated approach with health, protection, food security & livelihoods, and shelter interventions. Furthermore, PUI works on strengthening existing public systems and infrastructure, while also providing direct, emergency support to affected population depending on the local context. Today, the mission is implementing 12 projects.
What about the Food Security and Livelihood Coordinator – Lebanon?
As Food Security, Nutrition and Livelihood Coordinator, you will be responsible for the respect of the FSNL strategy and technical quality by the mission at each step of programs development and implementation.
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Programmes: You will supervise the technical rolling out of the programs and ensure the qualitative aspects of programmes (monitoring of objectives, respecting due dates and budgetary provisions, quality control) are properly implemented by the different stakeholders (program teams, field coordinators, partners) and the new program proposed are properly designed.
- Evaluation: You will develop a high qualitative and quantitative research analysis on FSNL opportunities to offer an adapted response in a challenging context of intervention for the sector.
- Strategy & Development: You will participate, for your technical sector, in the design of the operational strategy and will suggest new operations according to needs analysis of the humanitarian situation. You will participate actively (in coordination with other Technical Coordinators and the relevant Field Coordinators) in the definition and implementation of assessments and in the design and overall project cycle management of all FSNL projects at mission level.
- Human resources: You will support from a technical point of view the teams operating on FSNL (recruitment, objectives definition, and evaluation).
- Security: You will be involved in the respect of the security rules and will share all relevant security information to your manager and /or “security” manager of the mission.
- Representation: You will ensure and coordinate the PUI’s FSNL representation at mission level with partners, sectorial coordination, relevant working groups, donors and different authorities.
- Coordination: You will ensure that information is efficiently communicated between the FSNL teams and other teams (support, programs…) and will ensure a proper coordination and information sharing with other national level coordinators (Log, Finance, Health, Protection,…) and with HQ technical advisor
- Logistical, administrative and financial monitoring: You will guarantee that logistical and administrative procedures are respected by the FSNL teams and will alert/relay this information to the logistical and administrative coordination team.
The challenges that await you:
- Revision of the food security and livelihood strategy of PUI Lebanon (objectives: needs identification, expansion of FS activities, integration of FSL activities with other intervention sectors, donor mapping, etc.)
- Leadership over the collection and analysis of primary/secondary data in coordination with operational bases and MEAL department.
- Identification of funding opportunities and technical support for the drafting of FSL technical proposals/concept notes.
What you will need to succeed
- Training: You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in economics, social science, agronomy, agro-economy, food processing, or a degree in Veterinary medicine.
- Experience: Strengthened by minimum 3 years as a manager of humanitarian projects, you also have a strong experience in some of the following topic: economics both at macro and micro level, agricultural, breeding, food assistance programming, cash transfer program, market analysis and market based approach, resilience support programs. Experience in needs evaluation, in targeting methodologies and/or in international team management will be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills: You master the project management, you have excellent writing skills and a detailed knowledge of institutional donors (OFDA, ECHO, AAP, UN agencies). Data analysis and basic statistic skills will be valued.
- Qualities: You are able to work independently and to take responsibility with organization and in a proactive approach. You demonstrate adaptability, a sense of analysis, a great capacity to listen and to negotiate, and good leadership skills. You have a general ability to resist stress, particularly in a changing environment.
- Languages: English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« PUI’s Lebanon mission is one of the key actors in the humanitarian response in the country, targeting vulnerable communities of all nationalities in South and North Lebanon, as well as the wider Beirut region. The Food Security & Livelihoods portfolio is currently limited to short-term (1 year) agricultural support interventions in the North (as well as ad-hoc components mainstreamed under other sectoral projects), but its development is one of the key strategic orientation of the mission for 2021-2022. The mission is nearly fully staffed, with a strong national team, well funded and well positioned with key donors. Although technical support to the current programming will be part of the scope of this position, the key priority will be to develop our FSL portfolio through the design & implementation of needs assessment and gap analysis in our areas of intervention, and proposal development. The Lebanese context offers a wide range of opportunities in terms of FSL programming, in the context of one of the worst economic crisis of the century affecting both local and refugee population alike. This short-term assignment is expected to transition to a permanent FSL Coordinator position. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, please follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.