Job Title: Finance Manager
- Managing the Programmes’ finances, among others manage journals and accounts, financial monitoring, and budget planning
- Providing customer-oriented services to project and partners
- Ensuring that current GIZ policies are being implemented in the programs
- Supporting the development, implementation, and adaptation of digital tools, processes, and standards in the team (e.g. Onsite Reporting and Operations).
- Checks completeness of project vouchers for booking by the office accountant in a timely manner.
- Controls and ensures that project journals and accounts are correct; Ensures correctness of entries in the office journals of debited costs and incomes.
- Checks the project account balances reports; initials the bank reconciliation sheet, cash reports, and list of outstanding items (receivable and liabilities);
- Follows up the receivables and liabilities
- Ensures the project cash flow and availability of financial resources on the project bank account and Letter of Credit account and prepares drawing of money from HQ for signature by the Programme manager
- Implements an internal control system according to GIZ internal control manual and specific requirement of the project with appropriate checks and balances to ensure that GIZ “process and rules” (P+R) in financial management, accounting, and record keeping are respected;
- Maintains a list of complete and accurate financial records including all supporting documentation;
- Assist the Cashier in overseeing the cash box and cheques, including safe keeping, and the implementation of regular cash box reconciliations according to GIZ rules and regulations
- Reports any issues or suspicions of financial irregularity or breach of P+R to the Programme Manager;
- Preparing, steering, and following up internal controls and internal and external audits Supports the Programme manager with financial planning and cost calculations for monitoring, steering, reporting, and proposal purposes;
- Is responsible for the monthly budget calculation
- develops planning, monitoring, and reporting templates; using tools such as Excel, monitor the costs and expenses incurred under the various project components and numbers with IT applications such as Onsite and WinPACCs
- manages and monitors the monthly accounting and financial plans
- facilitates and approves commercial and legal suitability checks of local subsidy and financial agreement recipients
- Following up supporting documents on new contracts and follows-up on signing those contracts
- Following up on timely settlements of advances of Local Subsidies and settlements of financial agreements
- Collaborates with coordination office procurement and finance department regarding the local subsidies and financial agreements.
- Prepares invoices based on contractual agreements
- Tracks admin and finance procedures in the project and reports the status to the project manager
- Guides the local subsidy officer in training project/program staff and partners who receive Local Subsidies or who have entered into a financial agreement to adhere to finance and admin rules as necessary
- Facilitates correspondence between the project and partner institutions
- Assures in close cooperation with the GIZ country coordination office, that procurement is done according to GIZ rules and regulations at the project level
- Checks maintain and keep vehicle records, insurance logbooks up to date always, including vehicle logbooks, average fuel consumptions, registration, and insurance renewals.
- supervises staff assigned to do so according to the 4-eye principle
- supports the procurement officer in the registration and monitoring of assets.
- Bachelor´s degree (or higher) in finance, business administration, accounting, economics, or similar or related area
- 7 years of progressive professional experience in accounting and financing
- 5 years of professional experience with an international NGO, international organization, or enterprise
- Extensive knowledge of commercial processes and a sound understanding of financial and contractual tasks
- Proven skills and experience in financial management
- Good knowledge of relevant IT instruments and accounting software (WinPaccs, MS Office, MS Teams). Experience in working with SAP is an asset.
- High level of self-organization and ability to work independently
- Willingness to continuously update know-how and skills in a changing environment
- Ability to motivate and support colleagues
- Excellent communication skills and team player mentality
- Exceptional intercultural sensitivity
- Fluent Business English, knowledge in Juba Arabic and German are assets
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their CVs and cover letters declaring interest for the position to the GIZ-Coordination Office along ministries road Juba town next to Juba town main mosque or by email to HR-Suedsudan@giz.de.
Please note that all applications must be submitted with non-returnable photocopies of all the relevant documents including recommendation(s) from the previous employer(s) and a copy of the national certificate.
Original documents will only be required for verification during interviews if requested. Ensure that you and your referees are reachable via the stated contact information during the daytime.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. If you didn’t hear from GIZ 3 weeks after the closing date, please note that your application wasn’t successful. This position is open only to South Sudanese nationals and foreigners with valid residence and work permits.