Job Title: Extended Case Management Casework Supervisor – UNGO Jobs
The Extended Case Manager (ECM) Supervisor is responsible for identifying and coordinating service and
referral needs across IRC in Atlanta for vulnerable clients with extended case management service needs;
provide a comprehensive client-centered culturally sensitive care. Responsibilities include ensuring quality
assurance policies and procedures are in place to meet all funders and contract requirements; Act as client
advocate to assist with services coordination to support client independent living plans and serve as an
additional resource to staff specifically in relation to crisis intervention. The role will develop and invest in
community partnerships to ensure adequate social service resources are accessible to clients. This is a limited
term position with the possibility of extension based on grant.
• Oversee the extended case management team
• Distributing caseloads and overseeing the direct staff daily provision of program services
• Coordinate the delivery of Preferred Communities Intensive Case Management (ICM) and Georgia
Department of Human Services (DHS) Social Adjustment Services regularly to ensure compliance with all
program standards and grant requirements
• Ensure accurate tracking of referral needs and service coordination/utilization according to funder and
• Serve as the contact point, advocate, and informational resource for clients, staff, and community
• Collaborate with other departments to encourage timely internal and external referrals
• Maintaining a resource guide of appropriate support services for populations served
• Create ongoing processes for internal and external service providers to determine clients’ unmet service
needs and request the level of service coordination support desired at any given point in time
• Develop and maintain partnerships with community organizations for referral of clients as needed
• Conduct and facilitate regular case review meetings, and all other administrative meetings as required
• Review files and ensure that all electronic case files are maintained in accordance with all contract
requirements and all reports required are submitted timely and in accordance with guidelines
• Monitor program execution to ensure compliance with all funding requirements; communicate program
needs to management team.
• Other as needed and assigned by supervisor
Staff Supervision and Other Responsibilities:
• Cultivate a respectful, supportive, and inclusive environment for team members and clients.
• Recruit, train, and manage team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards.
• Provide daily oversight of active caseload, maintaining close communication with resettlement staff
regarding challenging cases.
• Carry out timely, professional interventions to ensure responsive, appropriate, and client-centered service
• Represent IRC in public, professional, and governmental forums as needed.
• University degree (B.A.) required, preferably in social work or related field
• Minimum two to three years of experience working with refugee and/or immigrant populations strongly
• Experience supervising, supporting, and training staff strongly required
• Experience in program management and responsibility for budget management preferred
Demonstrated Skills & Competencies:
• Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
• Attention to detail and accuracy in work product.
• Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service,
accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best
accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills
• Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills in English; proficiency in a language spoken by client
populations a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to use the internet and other
digital tools for data entry, research, and problem-solving purposes.
• Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize
duties, and manage time effectively.
• Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and
• Valid driver’s license, reliable access to vehicle with current insurance, and the ability to travel throughout
the service delivery area.
• A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery
area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
• Requires occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that
is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and
communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against
COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate
of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can
contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals
with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview
process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Please contact us to request accommodation.
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.