Job Title: Evaluation Team Lead- Jobs, Opportunities, and Business Success (JOBS) – UNGO Jobs
We are International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a global consulting firm working some of the most complex and impactful development problems worldwide. We work on programs that help government agencies, private companies and donors improve the lives of others. At IBTCI you will be part of an inclusive team that provides expert solutions and advice to understand and address critical problems while giving you opportunities to succeed and grow.
Evaluation Team Lead-Jobs, Opportunities, and Business Success (JOBS)
Deputy Chief of Party
Overview: USAID/Tunisia has requested that IBTCI’s Monitoring, and Evaluation for Tunisia and Libya Activity (METAL) conduct an interim evaluation of the Jobs, Opportunities, and Business Success (JOBS) Activity in order to capture information on the diverse areas in which JOBS is able to achieve real impact and promote meaningful change. JOBS is a 5-year, $69.5 million activity. JOBS has four objectives: Create jobs by increasing the competitiveness of Tunisian client firms; improve the match between skills demanded by the labor market and the training provided by educational institutions; improve Tunisia’s business enabling environment; and communicate the initiatives and impacts of JOBS especially related to job creation widely with a particular focus on youth (15-35).
The timing of the assignment will be from o/a May 15, 2022 to September 15, 2022, and total LOE will be approximately 55 days. This position is contingeant upon client and IBTCI approval. Tasks could include but not be limited to:
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership to the team;
- Finalize the evaluation design, coordinate activities, arrange periodic meetings, consolidate individual input from team members, and coordinate and finalize all deliverables, including the inception report, interview guide and data collection instruments, in brief with USAID, presentations of preliminary and final findings and recommendations, and final draft report;
- Lead all USAID briefings and develop and present the key evaluation findings and recommendations to the USAID/Tunisia team and major stakeholders.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients, unless explicitly authorized by the METAL COR.
This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Master’s degree with 10 years of relevant work experience;
- Demonstrated experience leading private sector development or related evaluations or assessments;
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluation methods of performance evaluations;
- Superior leadership, management, analytical, and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines;
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
Education: Master’s degree required in a relevant social science and other related field.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience evaluating USAID Private Sector Development programming;
- Knowledge of international development programs that aim to strengthen private sector development, job growth, facilitate credit for SMEs, and promote foreign direct investment, and exports to new markets;
- Experience leading program/project evaluation/assessment teams;
- An understanding of the Tunisia political, social, and economic context;
- Ability to speak French or Arabic preferred but not required.
Supervisory Responsibility: There shall be no supervisory responsibilities associates with this position.
Travel: No international travel is anticipated. Travel in Tunisia may be required.
COVID Vaccine status: As a condition of employment, IBTCI requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Candidates should be prepared to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire or request for an accommodation with HR that is consistent with our COVID-19 safety protocols and policies.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients’ missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).