SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organisation for the global federation of SOS Children’s Villages. As a non-governmental social development organisation we support children without parental care and families in difficult living conditions through services in care, education, health and emergency relief, and we advocate for the rights of children and young people, in alliance with a great diversity of partners. We work in 135 countries and territories, reaching over one million children, young people, families and caregivers each year. To support us with this important responsibility we are now looking for a committed.
ER2022/1 – REGIONAL EMERGENCY ADVISOR – (Dakar)
Location: Dakar – Senegal (Central & West Africa Region)
Tasks and Responsibilities
SOS Children’s Village IOR WCAF is looking for a Regional Emergency Advisor. He/she plays a key role in the coordination of the emergency response programs and insure donor compliance and program quality. The position involves the grant management, monitoring, evaluation, communication and coordination of emergency programmes in the region.
· Provide support to the Head of Emergency and in cooperation with national teams for Emergency Response projects.
· Support on the development of programme concepts, proposal, budgets and other programme related documents.
· Implements Project Management cycle and tools to ensure programme schedule and objectives are met.
· Is accountable for monitoring the timely and complete accomplishment of emergency program reports and situation reports by country teams.
· Make sure the budgets are in line with the planned activities and the timeframe and correspond to the needs in the field.
· Provide support in the recruitment phase of the project that is directly linked to the ERP in a respective country.
· Lead Rapid Need assessments in crisis settings.
· Flying in countries to support preparedness and emergency response operations.
· Train field staff in a variety of emergency topics: security, logistics, procurement etc
· Daily follow-up and regular update meetings with the relevant national operations managers in the crisis responses.
· Minimum 3 years of emergency field experience (particularly in West & Central Africa)
· Minimum of 5 years of Project Management experience including project planning, budgeting, monitoring and reporting
· Willingness and ability to do International Travels in emergency countries within the region at short notice
· Successful track records in coordinating and training field staff in crisis settings.
· Certified training in security, logistics and/or procurement is a strong asset.
· Has an understanding of technical aspects of emergency program activities.
· The experience in Child Protection and Health sector in emergency is an asset.
· Good knowledge on Microsoft Office with high level in the use of Power Point and Excel.
· Good communication and diplomacy skills with a strong ability to persuade and influence client and stakeholder relationships. Will interface with 3rd party
· Must have excellent knowledge (written and spoken) of French and English to meet donors’ requirements.
· Demonstrable experience and capability to manage projects autonomously.
· Ability to establish strong working relationships with local and international other stakeholders.
· Ability to virtually work in a multicultural environment and to handle change**
· Diverse, creative and challenging opportunities in an international working environment
· Possibility to make significant contribution towards the development of Member Associations in the Region
· Competitive compensation package and excellent development opportunities In accordance with the organisation’s child protection policy, all employment is subject to applicable background checks, including criminal record checks
What We Stand For:
SOS Children’s Villages is committed to creating and maintaining a caring and protective environment, which promotes its core values, and prevents and addresses child abuse and exploitation. We strongly condemn all forms of child abuse and exploitation, be it within or outside of our organization, and always respond to any case of proven, alleged or attempted abuse within our sphere of influence according to its nature. Eff orts ensure that mechanisms are in place to raise awareness, aid prevention, encourage reporting and ease response. They range from human resource development actions such as training and counselling to measures such as suspension, dismissal, and legal action.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send your detailed e-mail application CV + Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please indicated on the subject line: ER2022/1 – REGIONAL EMERGENCY ADVISOR
The position remain opened until filled.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged.Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.*SOS-Children’s Villages International,* www.sos-childrensvillages.org/.