Job Title: Emergency Pool Manager
Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info : www.hi.org
HI is committed to an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
CONTEXT: The operations division counts 5 geographical divisions, 4 technical divisions, 1 Atlas Logistic division and 1 emergency division (ED).
The ED of HI has the role to ensure the humanitarian watch, preparedness and internal capacity building and response to man-made and natural disaster, in order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crisis.
Under the management of the Emergency Director, the ED is composed of:
-1 person dedicated to the emergency roster set-up
-1 team of 4 persons dedicated to emergency watch, alert and preparedness/internal capacity building
-1 team of 2 persons dedicated to high scale emergency response and the Emergency Pool
-1 assistant for the division
Within the frame of its emergency intervention, HI aims at ensuring that the humanitarian watch, preparedness and response to man-made and natural disaster inclusive of all affected community members
The ED may lead some emergency response or support the Geographic Division to respond to new disaster depending on the intensity of the crisis and the capacity of the program in place.
The Emergency Pool sits in the Emergency Division under the management of an Emergency Manager based in headquarter in Lyon.
The Emergency Pool is composed of a team of emergency experts, ready to deploy within 72 hours. Their role is 1) To conduct diagnosis and launch new emergency operations in the field 2) To support pre-established programs and teams to respond to new disaster in the field 3) To contribute to lessons learned exercises, technical methodology and guidance, tool kits in coordination of the Emergency Division team members, Shared services Divisions and Technical Divisions at HQ level.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the responsibility of the Emergency Manager, your main responsibilities are:
· You manage 6 emergency pool members: 1 Logistics Manager, 1 Finance & HR Manager, 1 MHPSS Manager, 1 Physical and Functional Rehabilitation Manager, 1Wash/Food/Shelter Manager and 1 Inclusive Humanitarian Action Manager (to be recruited, in liaison with Emergency specialists/referents within Technical and Support Services Divisions. You participate proactively in recruitment processes of the team, develop annual action plans, monitor their performance, and complete annual reviews.
· You coordinate initial diagnosis and emergency response operations roll out, and scale-up of the emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis;
· You lead and coordinate HI emergency interventions, in accordance with its mission, strategy and standards and those of its donors;
· You represent and promote HI’s mandate in the framework of the emergency responses;
· You contribute to HI institutional capitalization and participate in developing and updating HI´s emergency strategy, methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings.
· You ensure internal coordination & communication within the Emergency Pool, within ED and with other Divisions
· With Master’s Degree in humanitarian action or related field, you have at least 3 years’ experience in emergency response and at least 2 years as emergency coordinator/area manager or country Director, with experience in remote management **
· You have experience in team management, staff training and capacity building in emergency settings; **
· You have good knowledge of emergency donors regulations and process, in particular donor policies and operational procedures related to emergency interventions, **
· Experience in opening missions is a plus**
· You have excellent command of French and English. Spanish or Arabic is a plus.**
· You main asset? An excellent communication and ability to conceptualize and formalize tools, methods and procedures.**
CONDITIONS OF THE POSITION:
· Permanent contract starting from March 2022
· Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
· Working hours: 39 hours a week with 9.5 weeks off to be taken each year
· Specific package for emergency pool:
- The position is based in Lyon, but home office is possible, with regular visits to HI HQ (Lyon)
- Regular deployments on the field upon needs, high availability requested, with a maximum duration of 3 months, 2 to 5 recovery days given after each deployment.
- Availability indemnity : 620 euros per month (gross);
- When you are in the field : perdiem and harsdhip allowance
How to apply:
Only by the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JEwVqXkr?idpartenaire=136
For further information about the association: www.hi.org
Only successful candidates will be contacted.