Job Title: Education Specialist
NRC in Bangladesh is looking for an Education Specialist to lead the strategic direction and ensure the technical development of the Education programme, which has a particular focus on Youth Education & Training. The Specialist is responsible for quality assurance by setting minimum standards and developing relevant tools and procedures; while being also responsible for fundraising, donor relations and representing NRC at relevant forums. The position will provide technical support to NRC Education staff, the Education working groups (specifically on youth) and other sectors working with youth.
- Develop and maintain the Bangladesh Education strategy (that focuses mainly on Youth Education & Training), provide technical guidance on Youth Education and Macro LFAs that are aligned with regional and global strategies and priorities
- Responsible for programme development and roll-out of relevant tools, SOPs and guidelines, related to the NRC’s Youth Education and Training strategic response area under the Education Core Competency.
- Identify and utilize programmatic synergies between the strategic response area of Youth Education & Training and all other NRC’s Core Competencies, through an integrated programming approach.
- Document, analyse and disseminate learning from Youth Education and Training programming, including the sharing of best practices, lessons learned resources and tools.
- Network and represent NRC at a strategic level ensuring NRC’s access to debates in relation to Youth Education and Training in the sectors of Education and other relevant/strategic sectors
- Provide technical support, mentoring and building the capacity of Education/Youth field staff, and transferring key technical skills
- Responsible for the adaptation of programme approaches through innovation and development.
- Lead all Education and Youth Education assessments and response analyses, together with other CCs, and advise the Country Programme in appropriate and relevant actions required
- Ensure high quality implementation of Education and Youth Education initiatives by supporting field education teams in the planning of all phases of the projects, budget monitoring, development of tools/procedures and also participating in M&E activities
- Contribute to the identification, development and maintenance of good relationships with relevant stakeholders (e.g. donors, UN agencies, NGOs, research- and educational institutions, private sector).
- Develop and update fundraising strategy and donor mapping related to the strategic area of Youth Education and Training and the Education Core Competency in general.
- Contribute to the development and facilitate the use of effective assessment and M&E systems.
- Contribute to the identification, prioritization, development and documentation of advocacy issues related to Education and mainly on Youth Education & Training.
- Maintain existing programme partnerships and identify opportunities for partnership based on identified need and programme strategy.
- The full Job Description can be found on our website.
Required competencies, skills and experience
- Minimum 5 years of relevant Manager/Specialist/Adviser experience within the field of Youth Education and Training in the humanitarian field
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Professional and documented knowledge in Education
- Experience in drafting and encouraging implementation of policy/strategic guidance, and developing practical tools and resources
- Experience with engaging with key humanitarian stakeholders
- Able to represent the organisation at a strategic level with key donors and inter-agency stakeholders
- Contextual understanding of youth sector and stakeholders in Bangladesh
- Capacity to translate theory into practice in programme implementation
- Experience in working with local and/or international youth partners
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
What we offer
- Duty station: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Travel: approximately 40%
- Salary/benefits: Grade 9 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to apply:
To view the full Job Description and apply for the opportunity, please click here.