Job Title: Education Project Manager
The Project Manager will oversee the strategic direction of the education programme in Northern AO (Dohuk) areas of operation, undertaking needs assessments; monitoring progress and undertaking evaluations, adapting existing programming to changing needs; and undertaking programme development (design and proposal development). S/he will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the projects implemented whilst ensuring that they are implemented effectively and efficiently according to NRC’s guidelines and procedures for project governance applicable for the particular projects.
Roles and responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the roles.
- Line management for project staff.
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Contribute to the development of Country, Area and Education strategies, initiate and participate in the development of relevant Education projects.
- Coordinate and manage Education project implementation (activities, budget and project documentation) in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Implement technical direction and ensure high technical quality of projects.
- Provide regular progress reports to the Area Manager and the Education Specialist.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Develop and manage project budget (in cooperation with Education Specialist) and coordinate across Core Competencies.
- Ensure capacity building of project staff and transfer key skills.
- Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy.
- Manage NRC’s Education and youth projects and ensure programme quality.
- Carry out high quality reporting, financial management, monitoring, and evaluation of the projects.
- Support fundraising activities including preparation of concepts and project proposals.
- Work closely with the Education Specialist in overseeing and delivering the NRC Iraq Education strategy.
- Conduct field visits, spot checks and monitor progress against both project and budgetary targets.
- Carry out capacity building of staff.
- Ensure proper management of staff through agreed work-plans physically and remotely.
- Development of advocacy, communication tools and messages on education.
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes.
- Adherence to Core Competency tools, handbooks, and other NRC policies.
- Representation in internal and external forums on behalf of NRC Iraq Education programme.
- Responsible for project documentation (SSD) and reconciliation of deliverables (RoD).
- Develop, manage and monitor the budget(s) according to Financial Handbook and donor requirements.
- Develop and regularly update the procurement plan and ensure transparent and cost efficient procurement of goods.
- Effective coordination with other programme departments to create programme synergies.
- Coordination with area manager and area programme manager to update on progress, challenges and opportunities.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experiences that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Project Manager/Coordinator in Iraq.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Technical Education expertise.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile.
- Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish, both written and verbal.
- Valid driver’s license.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in implementing Education in Emergencies, early recovery and resilience programming in Iraq.
- Experience and knowledge of – Ministry of Education Federal Iraq and Ministry of Education-KRI systems.
- Knowledge of the overall context and education context in terms of needs and response in Iraq.
2. Behavioral competencies
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Managing performance and development
- Empowering and building trust
- Handling insecure environments
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The NRC Competency FrameWork
What we can Offer
- Contract period: 12 months (Fixed Term)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions
- The role is a National poistion/ contract
- Duty station: Dohuk, Iraq
- Travel : 20% Travel to project locations within Dohuk (Dohuk, Summel, Zakho, Akre, Shekhan and Bardarash Districts)
How to apply:
Please apply via this link: