Job Title: Education Adviser Myanmar (National Candidates)
The Norwegian Refugee Council in Myanmar is looking for an Education Adviser is to support professional development of the NRC education team, NRC education partner staff and other relevant education actors’ capacity, for effective delivery of quality, safe, and relevant Education in Emergencies programmes for children and youth aligned with NRC Myanmar Education Core Competency Strategy whilst meeting the standards of EiE Competency Framework (EiE CF) and INEE Minimum Standards (INEE MS). The Education Advisor is responsible for ensuring NRC and partners’ technical capacity, resources, skills, competencies and knowledge meet expected standards to deliver effective EiE programming to children and youth in Myanmar.
This is an advisory role and does not have any supervision of staff. The position is based in Yangon, and therefore requires a significant amount of remote support and training across the country. The vacancy is open to national candidates only.
- Develop technical guidance related to Education programming and relevant liaison with educational authorities
- Contribute to fundraising, provide technical input/review of funding proposal and donor reports
- Follow up on compliance with policy and contractual commitments within Education, ensure high technical quality in project implementation
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Ensure that key learnings are extracted from Education implementation, and incorporate them in the Education strategy and staff professional development processes
- Represent NRC externally by providing education specific technical input to coordination mechanisms including (but not limited to) the Education Working Cluster and Education Strategic Advisory Group.
- Operationalize the INEE Minimum Standards within NRC Myanmar by providing programme audits, feedback sessions, and capacity development sessions against the INEE Minimum Standards
- Provide technical support, based upon an assessment or monitoring, of the ‘quality of education’ and a clear action plan (including training)
- Ensure that NRC’s Education Foundation “Education Expertise” is upheld by development, contextualisation and management of technical tools and training packages on EiE and youth and by adapting global NRC, INEE and the IASC Education Cluster material and resources to the Myanmar context and needs for staff and partner capacity
- Responsible for establishing a capacity building framework for the Education team, and directly improve field office capacity.
- Build staff and partner capacity to support effective teaching, well-being and learning with a focus on Life Skills and BLP
- Maintain and update the NRC Myanmar Education CC tool catalogue
- Support education teams in field offices with monitoring and evaluation of education programmes including the development of relevant tools.
- Ensure appropriate liaison and joint planning with the Education Cluster, Education Strategic Advisory Group and other educational stakeholders and authorities.
- A full Job Description can be found below
Required competencies, skills and experience
- Minimum three years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Postgraduate level education in Education or similar field
- Experience of Teacher Training / professional capacity building
- Experience/understanding of EiE
- Strong fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of INEE Minimum Standards
- Ability to provide remote technical advice, support, and facilitate trainings
- Knowledge of the Myanmar humanitarian context
- Understanding of the Myanmar education systems
- Fluency in Myanmar Language
- NGO experience is preferable
What we offer
- Duty station: Yangon, Myanmar
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Travel: approximately 30%
- Salary/benefits: Grade 8 in NRC’s Salary Scale. NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- This vacancy is open to national candidates only
How to apply:
To see a full Job Description and apply, please click here to visit our website.