Editor – Public Affairs and Communications / Development and Public Finance
Contract: Fixed-term 1 year
Salary: £29,492 – £34,987 per annum
An independent, global think tank, working for a sustainable
and peaceful world in which every person thrives.
ODI (odi.org) is an independent, global think tank. We work to inspire people to act on injustice and inequality. Through research, convening and influencing, we generate ideas that matter for people and planet.
ODI’s Development and Public Finance programme (DPF) supports governments and financing institutions to deliver effective fiscal policies that support equitable and sustainable societies. Through research, analysis and advisory services, the programme focuses on five key outcomes: strengthened macroeconomic stability, efficient and equitable public services, more capable bureaucracies, more effective tax systems, and using public funds to mobilise private capital.
We are looking for an Editor will work with the DPF team to help researchers turn complex written outputs into clear and engaging narratives. This is part of ODI’s commitment to increase the impact of our analysis and research through the delivery of first-class communications.
You will ensure the intellectual rigour and editorial quality of all DPF’s written outputs are maintained. In collaboration with ODI communications colleagues, you will be expected to contribute to increasing the impact and accessibility of research across DPF’s portfolio.
Key responsibilities include:
· Substantive/developmental editing, copyediting and proofreading for DPF written outputs including reports, policy briefs, emerging analysis and blogs.
· Working closely and collegiately with researchers to shape the content of their written work, to make them clear, well-structured and impactful.
· Coordinating the development of publications, working with authors and freelancers to plan and develop outputs from concept note to publication.
· Editing and maintaining the DPF webpages on the ODI website
About you **
· Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
· Strong organisational skills and ability to manage and prioritise tasks independently.
· Ability to work to strict and competing deadlines, and under pressure.
· Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to liaise and communicate constructively with colleagues at all levels of seniority and from different cultures.
· Ability to shape content for different audiences, and to assist authors with structure and content through development editing.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Confident self-starter and problem-solver – ability to generate plans and ideas and carry them through to completion.
· Ability to quickly pick up new software and tools; a willingness to learn new skills.
· Strong IT skills, with excellent knowledge and experience of Microsoft Office applications (particularly MS Word)
Closing date: Sunday 3rd April 2022
Interview date: w/c 11th April 2022
How to apply:
For more information, please download an application pack from our website at Careers | ODI: Think change. If you are experiencing difficulties downloading, please telephone 020 7922 0351 or email email@example.com.
ODI is committed to developing and supporting diverse and inclusive teams of people who share our passion, where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of flexible, family friendly and inclusive employment policies to support colleagues from a range of backgrounds and nationalities.
ODI is an equal opportunities employer Charity Reg. No.228248