Job Title: Economic and Environmental Sustainability (EES) Advisor-ENA
Do you long for a fair and sustainable world? A world in which people and communicates flourish in an environmentally and economically sustainable way? Do you want to work as part of a movement for change, inspiring and supporting the global church to take action towards this vision for change?
The Eurasia and North Africa team at Tearfund has a vision to tackle the three defining issues of our time – ending extreme poverty, safeguarding the environment and tackling inequality.
Our team walks alongside grassroots movements around the globe campaigning on issues like climate change, plastic waste and green jobs. We support them to drive change, nurture their leadership, and we join them up with our research, media and campaigning work at national, regional and global levels.
We are looking for an enthusiastic member of staff to bring their expertise and passion to strengthen movements across countries in ENA. You will build relationships with grassroots groups, networks and allies to strengthen social movements and drive forward policy and behaviour change on environmental and economic sustainability issues. You will be working alongside a passionate and ambitious team, and will love to pray for change, believing that God can and does do amazing things.
We’re looking for someone who have:
• Proven experience of designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects or programmes of Livelihoods, food security, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation.
• Proven experience of identifying potential issues for advocacy and developing strategy and activities for advocacy both at local and national level.
• Experience in identifying advocacy opportunities, and drafting policy briefings.
• Proven experience of working with a variety of groups, including Churches, para-Church organizations, local NGOs, and international NGOs.
• Proven experience of coaching and mentoring with partner organizations
We’d love applications from people who have:
• Ability to understand and appraise EES technologies in step with new aspects of innovation
• Good communication skills and excellent English writing ability
• Excellent attention to detail and administrative skills
• Skills in grants acquisition, data and information management
• Skills in capacity building, including aspects such as one-to-one mentoring, leading presentations, etc.
• Ability to express complex issues in a concise, accurate and diplomatic manner.
• Ability to win trust and respect of those of different backgrounds and perspectives
This role can be based in Jordan, Lebanon, Iraq, or Pakistan and candidates must have the right to live and work in one of these locations.
Please note that the recruitment will be on a rolling basis and you are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible.
Salary will be dependent on location.
International: 39301 GBP
Jordan: 43,286 JOD
Lebanon: 81,412,481 LBP
Iraq: 63,331,208 IQD
Pakistan: 4,766,350 PKR
Syria: 93,739,351 SYP
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding issues. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
How to apply:
Please follow the link and apply here.