Job Title: Director of Engagement & Partnerships
Director of Engagement & Partnerships, Kampala Uganda
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding
Save the Children seeks a Director of Engagement & Partnerships for a USAID-funded Locally Led Development Innovation in Uganda working with coalitions of stakeholders, including non-traditional partners, to co-create and collaborate on push-pull market strengthening solutions to increase participation of refugees and their host communities (both individuals and/or groups of refugees or community members) in market-driven, sustainable livelihoods. Solutions should leverage the strengths of both the humanitarian and development systems, and can include applied research and development of approaches and interventions that generate data towards an evidence base that can inform and practically guide programming in both humanitarian and development settings.
The Director of Engagement & Partnerships (DEP) is responsible for ensuring private and public sector engagement and partnerships are front and center in the activity’s strategy and implementation. The DEP must have a strong understanding of the private sector in Uganda as it relates to entrepreneurial as well as wage employment opportunities for refugees and Ugandans, as well as an understanding of local and national Ugandan government structures responsible for a supportive business environment. The DEP plays a crucial role in leading the development efforts to stabilize the livelihoods of refugees, and foster the transition from humanitarian to development assistance, as well as integrate them into local economies in order to promote resilient livelihoods and achieve self-resilience as key outcomes.
To be successful for this role, you will have/bring the following:
- Master’s Degree in business administration, public administration, agricultural economics, international development, or a related field combined with a minimum of seven years of progressively increasing management responsibility in international development projects, at least five years of which must be in the field is required (three plus years of applicable experience can substitute for a Master’s Degree
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in analyzing market systems, identifying opportunities and challenges, as well as designing and implementing strategies to facilitate inclusive and sustainable livelihood promotion
- Demonstrated expertise overseeing the identification and engagement of private sector actors, as well as building partnerships
- Proven experience in creating and maintaining effective working relationships that foster collaborative learning
- Experience working with refugee or host communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English desirable.
Qualified local candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. Please apply online by following this link https://uganda.savethechildren.net/careers indicating 3 referees, two of whom should have been your direct supervisors.
Important to note: Testimonials/certificates SHOULD NOT be attached to application that is submitted online. Hand delivered applications will not be accepted and are therefore not considered during the shortlisting process. Application closes on January 11th 2022 at midnight Uganda time. We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS42NTA0NC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20