Job Overview: The Development Manager is responsible for fundraising, developing and maintaining strategic relationships with external partners, public relations, contract management, and oversight of volunteer and in-kind donation programs.
· Meet or exceed yearly fundraising goals with the expectation that each year’s goals will increase over the previous year
· Oversee the preparation of letters of inquiry, proposals, budgets and reports to local foundations and other potential donors to solicit cash funds for programs in collaboration with program staff
· Identify, cultivate and sustain individual donors through mailings, face-to-face donor cultivation meetings, community engagement opportunities, and other creative mechanisms
· Ensure the office works effectively to meet cash and in-kind matching requirements and maintains appropriate documentation for all resource development including cash donations, in-kind donations and volunteer hours
· Organize annual fundraisers, donor appeals and other special events as applicable
Donor Relations and Communications
· Raise awareness about, and represent, the office through participation in outreach and fundraising events with community, civic and faith partners, and individual and corporate financial and in-kind donors
· Support the planning and implementation of media and communications strategies, including working with local community radio contacts and/or recording public service announcements (PSAs) to conduct targeted community outreach
· Support community events planning, preparation and implementation, including managing and tracking attendees, donations, and all other associated logistics
· Assist in the creation of communications materials to engage current and prospective donors, deepen donor commitments and enhance giving
· Successfully increase the total grant funding in dollar amounts annually
· Oversee the submission of all proposals with the expectation of annual increases in total number of grants and total funding amounts submitted
· Maintain a grants management tracking and donor tracking system regularly updated with accurate data
· Develop and ensure the effective maintenance of contract and grant files for each funded program with consistent documentation standards
· Work closely with program staff to prepare interim and final reports to grantors
· Liaise with the headquarters grants and business development staff on all new contracts, grants and sub-grants
· Provide oversight of volunteer coordination services, including ensuring that volunteer and internship opportunities are well defined, recruited, and filled in accordance with team needs and IRC national volunteer guidelines.
· Ensure appropriate recordkeeping and reporting on volunteer service hours
· Support a positive and productive intern and volunteer experience
Manage a team in accordance with IRC’s People Manager Standards
Additional duties as assigned
· Undergraduate degree, preferably in Marketing, Communications, or Development; or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in relevant area such as Fundraising, Development, or MBA preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience, a significant portion of which should include program management, fundraising, special events, proposal writing and other resource development activities.
· Demonstrated record of cultivating successful relationships with foundations and other relevant entities.
· Demonstrated ability to develop successfully funded grant proposals.
· Proven ability to conduct research through various sources to target and locate potential sources of funding.
· Demonstrated ability to promote an organizational culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead in a way that recognizes that IRC’s work is best accomplished through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
· Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
· Outstanding communications, organizational, leadership, multi-taking and team building skills with the proven ability to promote productivity and efficiency in a fast-paced team environment.
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
· Fluency in English required; bilingual ability is desired.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and Salesforce.
· Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours including occasional weeknights and weekends as necessary.
A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: