Job Title: Data Analyst Consultant (03)
Call for Applications
Reference : ROWCA-HR-22-001-CFA
Organizational Unit : Awareness Raising Unit
Duty Station : Remote consultancy
Type of Appointment : Consultancy (90 days over nine months)
Estimated Start Date : 1 February 2022
Closing Date : 18 January 2022
Established in 1951, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all.
The Awareness Raising Unit at IOM’s Regional Office for West and Central Africa in Dakar implements innovative projects aimed at young people and aspirant migrants using a Communication for Development (C4D) approach. These projects include Migrants as Messengers and IOM X West Africa.
Migrants as Messengers seeks to empower target audiences in seven countries in West Africa (Côte d’Ivoire, The Gambia, Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, Senegal and Sierra Leone) to make informed decisions about migration through peer-to-peer communication, leveraging returnee migrant experiences. The project is supported by IOM’s Global Migration Data Analysis Centre (GMDAC) through the implementation of rigorous impact evaluations (IE) in four of the above countries (The Gambia, Guinea, Nigeria and Senegal), as well as a mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) study across all seven countries.
A Data Analyst Consultant is required to support management of data and data analysis for the IE and MHPSS studies. The consultant will be under the direct supervision of Impact Evaluation Officer.
Tasks to be performed under this contract:
· Support the cleaning of the IE endline data collected in Senegal
· Support the management of the IE data collected
· Support the IE endline data collection on request
· Support the last round of MHPSS data collection
· Support the cleaning of the MHPSS data collected
· Support the analysis of the MHPSS data collected
· Perform any other task required related to data analysis in the context of the Migrants as Messengers project research component
Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
Deliverable 1- Complete the cleaning of endline data collected in Senegal
Delivery Date 1- 28 February, 2022
Deliverable 2- Complete the management of MHPSS baseline round1 and round 2 data collected
Delivery Date 2- 31 March, 2022
Deliverable 3- Successful data collection of the round 3 and last MHPSS data collection
Delivery Date 3- 30 April, 2022
Deliverable 4- Complete the management and analysis of MHPSS data collected
Delivery Date 4- 31 May, 2022
Deliverable 5- Complete the management and analysis of IE data collected
Delivery Date 5- 31 August 2022
Realistic delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered:
The data analyst will submit monthly reports of achievements following a monthly calendar of deliverables. The reports will be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Performance indicators for evaluation of results (value of services rendered in relation to their cost):
The consultant’s performance will be evaluated based on the specified the quality and timely submission of the specified deliverables mentioned above.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s degree in a relevant field for data management and analysis, such as Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences, Health, Sociology or Political Science. A bachelor’s degree with additional two (two) years of experience will be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
· Minimum of three (03) years of work experience as a data analyst or in a related field.
· Demonstrated experience in handling large and complex quantitative data sets.
· High-level experience in methodologies and processes for developing digital data collection using KoboToolbox or similar tool.
· High-level experience in methodologies and processes for managing large-scale databases using R.
· Ability to analyze existing tools and data sets and provide programming solutions and recommendations.
· Proven experience interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques
· Proven experience developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
· Advanced knowledge of KoBoToolbox and R is required. A strong knowledge of Stata is an advantage.
· Team working skills
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Having a systematic and logical approach to problem-solving
Fluency in English is required. Fluency in French is a strong asset.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
Women with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “**ROWCA-HR-22-001-CFA**_ Data Analyst Consultant**” on the subject line, by 18 January 2022.
IOM only accepts applications with a cover letter not more than one page specifying the motivation for the application as well as a detailed resume/CV.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 4-janv.-22 to 18-Jan-22