Job Title: Cost and Pricing Manager – UNGO Jobs
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition – we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
Overview: DT Global is seeking a Cost and Pricing Manager to lead the the proposal budgeting process for all business development efforts across the company. The Cost and Pricing Manager will conduct an in-depth review of all assigned RFPs, establish cost and pricing data for proposals, develop proposal budgets and budget narratives in accordance with RFP requirements and donor compliance, prepare the cost volume (including the cost proposal, certifications, and cost narrative), and work with subcontractors in relation to budgeting. The Cost and Pricing Manager will guide business development teams through the budgeting process, making sure that team members are educated on the design and structure of budgets and will coordinate with teams to work through strategic issues. This position will report to the Director of Operations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Leads the proposal cost, pricing, and budget development process for the entire company
- Develops proposal budgets and budget narratives for all business development opportunities across the company
- Guides business development teams through the budgeting process, ensures team members are educated on client requirements and compliance, and coordinates with teams on strategic issues
- Ensures proposals comply with client requirements and DT Global corporate policy
- Develops cost kick-off presentations
- Collects, prepares and analyzes historical cost data for use in budgeting
- Conducts internal budget reviews during proposal period
- Develops rough order of magnitude (ROM) budgets for discussion and cost strategies
- Presents budget reviews to key stakeholders including executive leadership
- Documents all cost assumptions and certifies cost data
- Reviews, edits and finalizes explanatory budget narrative to accompany budget in cost proposal
- Creates and/or modifies budget spreadsheet templates in accordance with client requirements
- Manages assigned subcontractors as a part of the proposal process and perform activities including: developing budget templates, providing budget assumptions, negotiating budgets, reviewing budgets and notes, and ensuring final submissions conform to client requirements
- Attends and participates in transition meetings of successful awards
- Assists colleagues with other budget development activities such as contract/subcontract budgets, task orders and pipeline analyses and reviews project budgets as needed during non-proposal periods
- Develops and manages DT Global’s standard budget templates; including the development of project budget trackers
- Trains DT Global staff in advanced Excel techniques
- Reviews project budget modifications and assist with project financial management on an ad hoc basis
Education & Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience managing proposal cost/pricing for a USAID implementer
- Strong understanding of USAID rules and regulations, including familiarity with the FAR and AIDAR
- Working knowledge of all contract types including: CPFF, CPAF, FFP, T&M and IDIQ
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally on complex projects
- Experience working under hard deadlines and managing multi-deliverable projects
- Working knowledge of various project financial indicators and accounting principals
- Ability to think critically through complex business problems and communicate your work to a diverse audience including clients, partners, technical experts, proposal managers and executives.
- Ability to take full ownership of the cost volume with minimal oversight
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including experience using logical functions and named ranges
- Microsoft Excel experience using VBA
- Experience with cooperative agreements and grants
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.
How to apply:
Please visit the DT Global website to apply: https://phf.tbe.taleo.net/phf03/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=URSAUS&cws=39&rid=1338.
To view additional opportunities with DT Global, please visit https://dt-global.com/company/careers.