Job Title: Contract: Simultaneous Interpretation for Virtual Event
The American Bar Association (ABA) Center for Human Rights works to promote and protect human rights worldwide by mobilizing lawyers to help threatened advocates and vulnerable communities; rallying leading experts on vital issues; and holding abusive governments accountable under law.
ABA CHR is seeking an individual or organization with experience conducting simultaneous interpretation in Spanish and/or in Arabic and who has availability on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 noon (EST) to conduct interpretation during a virtual event on Zoom. Applicants only need to have fluency in one of the two languages, not both.
Applicant will enter into a contract to provide services for this event only; however, there will be a possibility to extend the initial contract to cover additional interpretation services should ABA CHR have additional interpretation needs arise and the applicant has availability.
Successful applicants must:
- Be fluent in either Spanish or Arabic
- Have 3+ years of experience in simultaneous interpretation in either Spanish or Arabic
- Have experience conducting simultaneous interpretation via Zoom
- Be available for a 30-minute to one-hour event dress rehearsal during the first week of February to ensure all technology is working
- Be available on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 pm EST for the event
How to apply:
Please send the following documents in a single PDF to CHR.Opportunities@americanbar.org and copy Emma Watson at email@example.com
Cover letter. Maximum 1 page. In your cover letter, please indicate:
- In which of the two languages you have fluency;
- Your years of experience and background conducting simultaneous interpretation Spanish or Arabic;
- Your experience conducting simultaneous interpretation over Zoom and other virtual platforms; and,
- Your availability on Tuesday, February 8, 2022 from 9 am – 12 pm ET.
Resume or CV – If applying as an organization, please send a document outlining your organization’s background and experience offering interpretation services.
Application Deadline: Monday, January 17th, 2022 at 5:00 pm EST. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.