Communications Officer – IsraAID Moldova (1 to 3-month position)
IsraAID is looking for a dynamic Communications Officer to join our team! Working together with IsraAID’s HQ team and our Humanitarian Mission in Moldova, our Communications Officer will be responsible for daily storytelling and content creation from IsraAID’s programs responding to the Ukrainian refugee crisis. This is a rare opportunity to take on a crucial role in the field at Israel’s leading humanitarian aid NGO.
At IsraAID, our mission is to support people affected by humanitarian crises. Since 2001, we have responded to crises and emergencies in more than 55 countries, partnering with local communities to rebuild their lives, and their futures, together.
· Daily storytelling and communications output from IsraAID’s humanitarian mission responding to the Ukrainian refugee crisis in Moldova
· Coordination with local and international photographers and videographers to capture visuals from our work
· On-the-ground coordination of the IsraAID Moldova team’s media appearances, with support from IsraAID HQ
· Work with IsraAID HQ’s Development and Communications Department to fulfill specific content and communications requirements from various stakeholders, including donors, partners, media outlets, and more.
· Fluent Russian with professional-level English – fluent or high-level Ukrainian and Romanian are advantages
· 2+ years of experience working in journalism or public relations
· Strong understanding of the ongoing Ukrainian refugee crisis
· Strong ability to identify and frame stories
· Good networking skills
· Excellent writing, proofing, and editing skills in English
· Willingness to travel around Moldova and work potentially unsociable hours at this time of crisis
· Experience in humanitarian aid, international development, or human rights – advantage
· Experience working with video, photography, and audio content – advantage
This is a temporary, full-time position, based at IsraAID’s Humanitarian Mission in Moldova. IsraAID is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
How to apply:
To Apply in the following link: https://israaid.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=101