Job Title: COLOMBIA – FIELD COORDINATOR (H/F) – BUCARAMANGA
Desired start date: 15/02/2022**
Duration of the mission:** 12 months
ABOUT THE MISSION
In Venezuela, people are faced with hyperinflation, struggle to find necessities, lack of medicines and access to medical services in addition to a rise in crime rates. Many Colombians, formerly settled in Venezuela have decided to go back home while many Venezuelans chose to migrate to major cities in Colombia or to transit through them during their journey to other countries in the region. They walk along the roads, often with no means or possessions. One of the main routes for those travelling to Bogotá or Medellín goes through Bucaramanga. Walkers called the Caminantes use this road every day.
SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is at the moment running or providing support to several shelters located at strategic points on the migration route in Santander and North Santander. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL is ensuring access to basic services for persons on the move using these shelters, with a particular focus on access to water, sanitation and hygiene (rehabilitations/construction for water supply, sanitation facilities, provision of hygiene items, etc.). We are also improving shelter infrastructure and delivering food assistance as well as healthcare and psychological support services through partners. SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL has started to provide daily transportation services for the most vulnerable and PWSN (People with Specific Needs) Caminantes.
The Colombian mission is currently limited in size with two bases of operation in Bucaramanga and Yopal and sub-base in Pamplona. The base has grown up to more than 70 national staffs and 12 international staff and the volume of activity is increasing.
ABOUT THE JOB
- The Field Coordinator has the role of delegated Country Director for an area within the country in which Solidarités International intervenes.
- He/she proposes a regional strategy according to the geopolitical and humanitarian context, and ensures its implementation once validated.
- He/she checks and ensures that projects are carried out in accordance with the Solidarités International charter, respecting all internal and contractual procedures
- He/she mobilizes the material and financial resources necessary for programs to run smoothly, and supervises resource management.
- He/she coordinates the teams in place and is responsible for their security in his/her assigned zone.
- He/she is responsible for the coordination with local actors including UN, local actors (NGOs, Authorities) and INGOs.
- He/she is in charge of supervising partnerships with local NGOs (contractual management, capacity building, coordination)
- He/she is the Country Director’s direct contact and representative.
- Coordination and strategic orientation
- Relevance and operational quality / operation monitoring
- Resource management
- Collaboration and coordination
- Human resource management
- Security management
- Context analysis
- Financial backer relations / search for funding
- Internal and external communication
- Representation and coordination
Specific stakes and challenges
- Structuring a base and manage growth
- Atypical programming with a high tension for a 7 days a week delivery of food and services in refuges
- Complex external relation with local authorities, partners, national authorities, humanitarian coordination
Education and Experience:
- Post-graduate degree in humanitarian and/or development studies, social sciences, political sciences or similar field
- Experience in managing emergency response activities
- Prior experience in remote management would be an asset
- Experience of working with or through partners
- Proven experience in liaising with Local authorities (including security forces representatives)
- Previous experience with SI is an asset
Skills and Qualities :
- Strong management skills
- Strong representation and coordination skills
- Security management in volatile and armed conflict environment
- Speak fluent
- Knowledge of SI tools and processes is an asset
- Ability and willingness to build up the capacity of its team
- Ability to work under pressure
Languages : English and Spanish are mandatory
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried post:
According to experience, starting from 2 600 euros gross per month (+ 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly i.e. 2 860 euros gross per month)
and a monthly Per Diem of 750 USD
SI also covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate’s country of origin and the place of assignment.
Vacation: During the assignment, a system of alternation between work and time off is implemented at the rate of 7 working days every three months. For a one-year assignment, the expatriate will have a 7 working days break at 3, 6 and 9 months (with 850 USD allocated by Solidarités).
To these break periods, it is necessary to add the granting of one additional rest day per month worked, i.e. 12 days in addition for a one-year contract**.**
Social and medical cover:
Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Expats are housed in a hotel (looks like a house) which very good housing conditions (each bedroom with a bathroom), outside area etc. Everything can be found in Colombia.
The position will require regular travelling to Pamplona (4/6 hours of car) and sleeping in a hotel as this is the sub-base and close to many of SI’s activities.
How to apply:
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English via this link: . CV only applications will not be considered.
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
For further information about Solidarités International, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/