Job Title: Child Protection Data entry Clerk
CP Data Entry Clerk SSJR 2022 Tonj East (Only South Sudanese national to apply)
Under the supervision and technical support of the Chid Protection Coordinator, the Child Protection Data Enrty Cerk will give support in identifying, documenting and responding to child protection cases of vulnerable and at risk children to access basic services and receive other support as required. The Data Clerk will monitor, conduct case by case follow ups and facilitate the alternative care and referral process of unaccompanied and separated children. He/she will take lead in identification of cases for children with protection concerns using the national Child protection Information Management System (CPIMS) and FTR forms. This role will contribute towards Save the Children’s Child Protection strategic objective that ‘All girls and boys have increased access to child protection services and violence against children is reduced by 2021’ and towards Save the Children’s global breakthrough 2030 ‘Violence against children is no longer tolerated’. This is a challenging role in a complex environment. It requires a dedicated and highly motivated individual who can manage the difficulties of working in such an environment and still be fundamental in helping to drive forward our programmes and our ambitions. Maintain highest standards of professional conduct and ensure actions do not put children at risks of further harm. Support the Child Protection coordinator and CP officers by conducting weekly supervision meetings with all caseworkers, providing technical advice on cases to caseworkers. Ensure that high and medium priority cases are followed up in the agreed time frame. Support individual cases when required and provide regular monitoring of all aspects of case management services (identification/registration, assessment, case planning, implementation, follow up/review, case closure/transfer)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in social sciences or relevant experience in social work, community development and working with children in Child Protection programme
- 5 years Child Protection experience
- Good English oral and written communication skills
- South Sudanese, fluent in a local language and or Juba Arabic
- Good understanding of community politics and traditional networks in South Sudan
- Experience working with children, families and community groups and capacity building
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community based approaches
- Excellent computer knowledge
- Experience in community facilitation and mobilisation
- Comfortable communicating with local leaders, parents, teachers etc.
- Comfortable communicating with children and young people, skilled at observing and participating in children’s activities
- Be both self-reliant and have the ability to cooperate with others
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
- Ability and willingness to work through line management and also under limited/distance supervision
- Gender awareness and sensitivity
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values. In particular, a good understanding of the SC mandate as child focused agency and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Work experience with children and families, especially knowledge of child rights and participation
- Previous NGO experience, including an understanding of the neutral status of an international NGO
- Background knowledge in child/ youth protection, education, child rights and emergencies
Contract Duration: 12 Months
Location: Tonj East, South Sudan
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://southsudan.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=bS5rdW1ib21id2UuNDA2ODkuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t