Job Title: Cash and Market Adviser Colombia Bogotá – UNGO Jobs
Ubicación: Bogotá, Colombia.
Tenga en cuenta que se requiere fluidez en español para este puesto. También es deseable un buen dominio del inglés.
Whilst much attention has been given to the need to return children and youth to the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across 35 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights.
Since 1991, NRC Colombia aids IDPs in hard- to-reach areas where authorities struggle to protect civilians and provide help. We are implementing a multi-country action plan in Colombia-Panama-Ecuador to respond to existing violence and conflict in Colombia, the continued and unprecedented migration from Venezuela as well as the effects of the pandemic, and climate change.
The use of cash and voucher assistance (CVA) in our operations has grown organically through our various interventions over the years. We use various types of CVA to enable people in need to buy food, hygiene products or pay rent (which includes conditional and unconditional, restricted and unrestricted as well as multi-purpose and sectoral modalities). We typically deliver CVA to displaced people and host communities in both emergency and early recovery contexts through various means including electronic transfers (such as smartphones or electronic payment cards). We have also recently created a cash intervention under a multi-agency, multi-disciplinary emergency Consortium (MIRE) led by NRC and funded by ECHO and are members of a multi-year Multi-Purpose Cash project under BHA.
NRC Colombia is now looking for a Cash & Markets Specialist for a fixed term of 8 months that will help provide the strategic and technical input needed to consolidate the existing CVA components within the country program, provide a vision and a concrete orientation for NRC Colombia’s cash-based interventions in the future, and support the strengthening of market-based programming.
2. Responsabilidades generales
As the Cash and Market Advisor, your role and responsibilities will be the following:
- Ensure compliance and adherence of CVA with NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- In coordination with the Logistics Manager, implement NRC’s systems and procedures for market analyses according with the guidelines of the Head Office Market Analysis Project Coordination.
- Ensure that there is an adequate understanding of and compliance to Global Cash & Markets terminology and quality standards in project cycle management.
- Provide technical and strategic advice to Program and support staff on CVA, including with market assessments, modality selection in response analysis, as well as around the design of CVA components for specific interventions.
- Lead cash specific inputs relevant for CC strategies and overall country strategies as well as help identify and contribute to fundraising opportunities for all CCs.
- Support documentation of lessons learned and success stories on use of CVA Programs.
- Ensure proper filing of all market analysis support documents.
- Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager.
- Map the current use of CVA across country operations and control-verification mechanisms, including a risk analysis and assessment of the current level of human resources available.
- Map the needs in collection and analysis of data, and present findings in market analysis reports including market functionality, capacity and volatility, and people’s safe access to markets to contribute market insights to situational analysis informing the country strategy
- Develop a cash strategy for the country program, including a 3-year action plan as well as specific recommendations with financial, technical and human resources needed for operationalization.
- Develop a Market Analysis structure for programs and logistics that allows market monitoring, providing findings and recommendations to inform Program response decisions
- Communicate and disseminate the proposed strategy to Program, support and operations staff, and deliver core capacity building of staff to ensure ownership and understanding of the country cash strategy as well as promote the embedding and application of elements of the cash strategy into area-level, CC and any relevant CVA consortium documents and proposals.
- Review, consolidate and/or update relevant systems and tools relevant for the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, and reporting of cash-based interventions and identify existing gaps and/or risks with procedures currently in place. This includes reviewing relevant policy documents, SOPs, and existing learnings of area office operations and projects as well as those under relevant consortia where NRC implements CVA.
- Make recommendations on ways to innovate and promote the uptake of appropriate technologies that enable NRC to deliver cash and vouchers in a more efficient manner. This includes evidence-based best practices as well as reviewed workflows/business processes that enhance efficiency (e.g. eliminating cumbersome or multiple transactions) and/or strengthening accountability (e.g. securing supporting documentation, enhancing the way beneficiary feedback and complaints related to CVA are addressed, etc.).
- Support Program teams on how to carry out specialized market assessments (e.g. labor market assessments, etc.) so these can inform project design decisions. Work with Logistics teams to build capacity on assessments.
- Proactively engage in processes with external stakeholders (incl. donors, working groups, consortia) to identify strategic funding opportunities for NRC that will enable NRC Colombia to scale up high impact interventions and / or to pilot innovations and disseminate best practices.
3. Competencias profesionales y cualificaciones generales requeridas
- Solid expertise in designing, implementing and managing cash & markets interventions throughout the project cycle, especially in conflict/refugee/ IDP/ displacement contexts.
- Experience in the development/ humanitarian field in Colombia or Latin America would be advantageous.
- Experience of institutionalizing approaches such CVA within an organization and across technical teams, as well as coaching and capacity building.
- Experience with supporting strategic decision making.
- Experience working in a protracted crisis context.
- Experience working with vulnerable communities.
- Analytical and strategic thinking.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Working with people.
- Ability to communicate with clarity, impact and respect.
- Empowering others/enabling others to deliver.
- Tipo de contrato: Contrato laboral de 8 meses.
- Compensación/beneficios: De acuerdo con las escalas salariales de NRC, sus términos y condiciones.
- Ubicación: Bogotá, con un 50% de desplazamientos por Colombia, Ecuador y Panamá.
Es posible que NRC revise candidaturas antes del cierre del anuncio de la vacante, por lo que se anima a aquellos/as candidatos/as interesados/as a mostrar su interés lo antes posible.
How to apply: