Job Title: Case Worker
The Case worker is a member of the kirkuk child Protection team. Under the supervision of the CP officer , the case worker is responsible for implementing activities focused on case management services for both first and second line response. She/he will ensure that project activities are consistent with Save the Children’s programming principles and approaches, draw on relevant best practices and lessons learned, enable children to attain their rights and are compliant with donor regulations.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Child Protection officer
Staff reporting to this post :None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Program Implementation: Under the direct supervision of the CP Officer, the Case worker will:
First line response:
* Conduct individual sessions providing legal information and legal counselling for the families.
* Represent individual cases in Kirkuk courts and relevant departments or to issue legal documents in relevant departments.
* Coordinate with the case management in maintaining legal case documentation and oversee the development of case summaries.
* Ensure monitoring and evaluation activities and reporting meet SCI’s standards and are completed on schedule.
* Filing legal cases before administrative or other bodies in accordance with established procedures for legal representation.
* Supports compilation and writing of daily, monthly and quarterly updates.
* Archive all legal cases in individual files, ensuring respect of confidentiality of data per SCI’s DPISP/Donor requirement/Local laws.
* Manage all legal reports and issued documents.
* Prepare and send daily/weekly reports to the CP Officer /coordinator , also raise any concern or rights violation noticed in the area, according to best practices in term of confidentiality and safety of beneficiaries.
* Prepare documentation of legal proceedings.
* Perform other duties, as required by the supervisor
* Identify, document and respond to the most vulnerable and at-risk children
* Assess any needs for urgent material support – specifically dignity kits, baby kits, clothing etc. for girls and boys. And refer to other agencies for Core Relief Items (CRI) if needed.
* Provide PFA to distressed children and caregivers
* Facilitate safe and confidential referrals to other service providers.
* Sensitise community focal points on CP case identification and safe referrals including UASC and GBV.
Second line response:
* Identify, assess, document, refer (to relevant services) and follow-up of at-risk children and families (case management) in an age and gender appropriate manner, following the case management guidelines and core protection principles
* Provide information and advice on existing services and how to access them.
* Work as a member of a team ensuring fluid communication of relevant information to make sure that a proper and high-quality management of the case is preserved.
* Work in close collaboration with the community mobilisers to strengthen relationships with the community and to strengthen the referral system
* Facilitate, collect and report information regarding the overall situation of child protection risks, with particular attention to vulnerable/at-risk children
* Adhere to confidentiality and Save the Children data protection protocols
* Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures
* Carry out the responsibilities of the role in a way which reflects Save the Children’s commitment to safeguarding children
* Any other duties as assigned
Monitoring and reporting:
* Contribute to daily and weekly reports and submit weekly reports concerning implemented outreach activities and cases and participate in weekly case conferences
* Conducting regular visits to relevant sites and Child Protection Spaces and other SC spaces to identify with the support of volunteers and teachers at risk and vulnerable children
* Maintain files, registers, computer databases and records in paper or electronic format based on principle of confidentiality
* Ensure a child centered approach and always act in the best interests of the child.
* Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
Collaboration and Representation
* Represent Save the Children in a professional manner.
* Liaise with other stakeholders, including schools, local leaders, and partners and participates in relevant meetings
* Collaboration with other organizations in the area to maximize information sharing on relevant services available in the community
* Represent programming with local government, NGOs, communities and within SC as appropriate.
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YW5paGFkLjYyMjk2LjEyMTg1QHNhdmV0aGVjaGlsZHJlbmFvLmFwbGl0cmFrLmNvbQ