Job Title: Career Development Specialist – UNGO Jobs
Job Overview: The IRC’s Economic Empowerment team helps newly arrived refugees and other immigrants reach self-sufficiency by supporting clients in their short and long-term career goals by offering high-quality, culturally and linguistically accessible, integrated economic empowerment services. The Career Development Specialist will provide comprehensive career development services to clients seeking to move into a new career path or return to an existing profession including those seeking access to workforce education or credential recertification.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Conduct pre-enrollment assessments with clients, create career development plans detailing a client’s long-term career goals and a step-by-step plan for its achievement, and provide ongoing case management
· Ensure timely and accurate compliance to all reporting requirements; document services provided and client outcomes in relevant case management databases; monitor and track client job performance and wage levels.
· Maintain accurate and up-to-date case files documenting client goals, activities, and services
· Provide one-on-one assistance to help clients prepare their resumes, look for appropriate job opportunities, and practice interview skills
· Develop and cultivate relationships with employers who offer suitable job opportunities for clients
· Assist clients and employers as necessary with post-placement issues and continuing employment needs.
· Conduct outreach for clients eligible to enroll into career development programing
· Provide individual coaching or group instruction in topics such as resume writing, interview preparation, job search techniques, or other skills related to career advancement.
· Identify and engage local agencies for participant referrals and conduct regular outreach to education providers to identify and secure workforce training for participants
· Conduct financial assessments for clients and assist in securing financial aid and funding for education programs
· Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and other duties as assigned.
· Work as part of a team to provide comprehensive strength-based services to IRC clients through coordination of cases and effective communication between team members and departments.
· Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
· Bachelor’s degree in social work or related field of study; or equivalent work experience.
· Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in human services field preferred.
· Demonstrated success working and communicating effectively in a multi-cultural environment.
· Proven ability to contribute both independently and as a key team member.
· Self- starter with excellent problem-solving skills combined with the proven ability to multi-task, prioritize duties, and manage time effectively.
· Fluent in English, both spoken and written; bilingual ability in a language spoken by the local refugee population is desired.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook).
· Valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle with current insurance.
· A combination of standard office environment and ‘field’ time in and around the service delivery area to perform the above outlined responsibilities.
· May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.**
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.**
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.**
We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
How to apply:
Please apply on our website: