Job Title: Business Transformation Officer (Training, Adoption and Support Lead) – UNGO Jobs
Position Title: Business Transformation Officer (Training, Adoption and Support Lead)
Duty Station: Valencia, Spain
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P4
Type of Appointment: Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 02 May 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Read more about diversity and inclusion at IOM at www.iom.int/diversity.
Applications are welcome from first- and second-tier candidates, particularly qualified female candidates as well as applications from the non-represented member countries of IOM. For all IOM vacancies, applications from qualified and eligible first-tier candidates are considered before those of qualified and eligible second-tier candidates in the selection process.
For the purpose of this vacancy, the following are considered first-tier candidates:
External female candidates:
Candidate from the following non-represented member states:
Antigua and Barbuda; Aruba (Netherlands); Botswana; Cabo Verde; Comoros;Congo (the); Cook Islands; Cuba; Curaçao; Fiji; Grenada; Guinea-Bissau; Guyana; Holy See; Iceland; Kingdom of Eswatini; Kiribati; Lao People’s Democratic Republic (the); Latvia; Libya; Madagascar; Marshall Islands; Micronesia (Federated States of); Montenegro; Namibia; Nauru; Palau; Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint Lucia; Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Samoa; Sao Tome and Principe; Seychelles; Solomon Islands; Suriname; The Bahamas; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Tuvalu; Vanuatu
Second tier candidates include:
All external candidates, except candidates from non-represented member states of IOM and female candidates.
IOM is undertaking a Business Transformation (BT) process, a priority driven by IOM’s Internal Governance Framework (IGF). IOM has undertaken a global review of its current support and administrative business requirements and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) based process flows to update its systems and establish a fit-for-future set of management methods, policies, controls, processes, and systems globally.
Under the direct supervision of the Change Management Lead of the Business Transformation (BT) and in coordination with Staff Development and Learning Team (SDL), the Business Transformation Officer (Training, Adoption and Support Lead) will be responsible for the overall initiatives required to ensure the organization at large is ready and able to work productively within the transformed solutions in a way that supports the achievement of the BT goals. These responsibilities include the strategy, development, and delivery of mechanisms and materials required to train, adopt, and continue to support and operate the future business methods and systems effectively and productively.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
1.Training Strategy and Planning
a. Work in conjunction with the wider Organizational Alignment, Change Management and Training (OCMT) Team to assure alignment of training strategy and plans with other project objectives, such as business readiness and organizational alignment;
b. Work with the Change Management Lead, BT Director, and Project Management Officer
(PMO) to create detailed training development and execution plans;
c. Refine the strategy as needed to ensure strategy objectives are clear and ready for execution;
d. Determine training, adoption and support materials and authoring tool(s) and approaches;and,
e. Define training environment requirements and remote delivery strategy (with an emphasis on online training delivery).
2.Training, Adoption, and Support Materials Development
a. Manage directly development resources and coordinate materials development activities withthe BT Team and solution implementor(s);
b. End-User Training, Adoption, and Support Documentation Development, including:
i. Select tools for online training, digital adoption, and support documentation.
ii. Develop templates and content that adhere to standards, encourage uniformity, and map to the role-based learning paths for end users as defined by the training needs analysis; iii. Train master data requirements, including a list of sample transactions and data that can be used to build scenarios during the creation of content; iv. Develop curriculum and course content including translation oversight; v. Develop/modify digital adoption content including translation oversight; vi. Coordinate the development, with the BT Streams, of more detailed supporting documentation and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), when required.
c. Training Environment Population and Testing;
d. Training Roles Security Mapping, a completed security configuration to support the user roles required for training
3.Training Execution, including
a. Plan in coordination with the BT PMO, OCMT OA Lead for business readiness, and end-user organizational units.
b. Coordinate the training execution plan development with all stakeholders and monitoring progress throughout the project lifecycle.
c. Train the Administrative Centre and Regional/Mission focal points to support a“follow-the-sun” train-the-trainer approach to training and general support.
d. Manage the global execution of training, including the responsibility to manage the delivery and quality of a distributed training network (i.e., Administrative Centre and Regional/Mission focal points), progress tracking and reporting, all assuming a mix of live and online training.
4.Post-go-live adjustments and maintenance of these materials during the “hypercare” phase to ensure the materials remain aligned to any impactful solution changes.
5.Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Master’s degree in education, Human Resources, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or a related from an accredited academic institution with seven years of relevant professional experience; or
• University degree in the above fields with nine years of relevant professional experience; and,
• Professional certification related to training will be a distinct advantage.
• Experience in training development and execution at the international level, strongly preferred within the United Nations system;
• Experience developing training materials and digital adoption tools for the Oracle Cloud ERP solution set strongly preferred.
• Expert on online training development and digital adoption tools;
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office.
IOM’s official languages are English, French, and Spanish.
External applicants for all positions in the Professional category are required to be proficient in English and have at least a working knowledge of one additional UN Language (French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
For all applicants, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
Proficiency of language(s) required will be specifically evaluated during the selection process, which may include written and/or oral assessments.
Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 3
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link.
Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations. Recommended candidates endorsed by the Appointments and Postings Board will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required for individuals hired on or after 15 November 2021. This will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
Vacancies close at 23:59 local time Geneva, Switzerland on the respective closing date. No late applications will be accepted.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment system, by 02 May 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information please refer to: www.iom.int/recruitment
From 19.04.2022 to 02.05.2022
IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
Requisition: VN 2022 91 Business Transformation Officer (Training, Adoption and Support Lead) (P4)
Valencia, Spain (57530026) Released
Posting: Posting NC57530027 (57530027) Released