Spark is part of a consortium for the Food Security through Agribusiness in South Sudan (SSADP II) project under the Embassy for the Kingdom of Netherland that is running until mid-year 2023.
The overall project objective is focused on improved food security, higher income, and more employment for farmer households in selected counties of South Sudan.
The component implemented by Spark in SSADP II is focused on creating new and strengthening existing Youth and Women businesses (MSMEs) to support strengthening the agricultural ecosystem using a market-based approach.
SPARK is looking for a full-time Business Support Officer to provide project implementation support, business support, and coaching to entrepreneurs across the agricultural value chain.
She/he will report to the Country Manager
Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Providing oversight of scouting and training of start-ups and Medium, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at the field locations.
· Oversee the growth, integration, and interaction of the MSMEs in the agricultural eco-system.
· Participate in coaching and mentorship of start-ups and MSMEs.
· Facilitate linkage between start-ups and MSMEs with different market actors and producers.
· Ensure timely and quality training is conducted by implementing partners
· Ensure effective coordination and relationship with the IP (Premium Agro-Consult, Agriterra, Cordaid and RUFI).
· Facilitate startups and MSMEs linkage to financial providers for products and services.
· Manage the operations at the business support centers.
· Actively support the Country Manager in preparing and implementation of plans (work plans, indicators, monitoring etc.)
· Monitor Implementing Partners’ implementations according to their proposals, budgets, and planned outputs,
· Support the Country Manager in the review of partners’ progress and financial reports with relevant other departments,
· Liaise with the country office for logistical and financial needs for field activities and under all financial/logistical accounting.
· Manage petty cash and accountability at the field level.
· Ensure that all project documentation (paper and electronic) is up to date and stored in an effective and confidential way.
· Perform any duty requested by the Country Manager.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL)
· Collect and complete all activities, entrepreneurs, and Business Plans trackers.
· Support in quarterly, bi-annual, and annual surveys, and analyses.
· Document and disseminate case studies and lessons learned regarding working programme implementation approaches.
· Submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports in collaboration with IPs.
· Contribute to quarterly and annual technical reports.
Network and Relationship building
· Initiate and manage cooperative and productive linkages with external partners to ensure SPARK visibility and branding.
· Representation SPARK in different coordination meetings at field level.
Requirements and Skills
· Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, agribusiness or another related field.
· At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
· Computer knowledge: MS Office and book-keeping systems
· Good knowledge of the business environment in South Sudan and about MSME development/private sector actors, and good knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation processes
· Responsible and honest; Flexible;
· Good oral and written language skills in English and preferably Arabic as well.
· Good communication and social skills and ability to work in a multicultural setting.
· South Sudanese Nationals will be considered only.
· A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
· Training opportunities;
· Competitive remuneration ranged from 1400 to 1700 USD gross based on experience
· Full-time contract (40 hours a week).
SPARK develops higher education and entrepreneurship to empower young, ambitious people to lead their fragile and conflict-affected societies into prosperity. SPARK is a dynamic and growing, international not-for-profit development organisation with 100+ staff members, in more than 14 offices around the world**.**
We open pathways for youth, particularly women and refugees, to study, work and grow their own businesses in fragile communities. Their success brings stability where it’s needed most. SPARK is an independent, non-profit international development organisation with more than 100 staff working across fifteen conflict-affected regions throughout the Middle East, North and sub-Saharan Africa, and Europe. SPARK supports economic and social change.
With over 25 years of experience, SPARK has developed a cross-sector approach that unites the private sector, local government, and other key stakeholders in building enabling environments for youth to grow, boost local economies and rebuild communities.
How to apply:
For more information, please visit the SPARK website: www.spark-online.org.
If interested, please apply with your motivation letter and your CV (both in English) on
https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/377 until 25.03.2022.
Please, with the application send us three references (phone number and email) which we can contact in the selection process.
All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants.
If you have not received a reply, we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.