Job Title: Audit Tender – UNGO Jobs
War Child Holland, hereafter WCH, is looking for an auditing firm to conduct audit services for its financial statements. WCH invites you to submit your Expressions of Interest (EOI) to be invited to the audit tender of WCH. The audit tender will result in appointing an auditor to perform the external audit of WCH under a 3-year framework contract.
WAR CHILD HOLLAND
WCH is an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO), founded and registered as a foundation under Dutch law, registered at the Chamber of Commerce under number 41215393. WCH has received the ANBI status by the Dutch fiscal authorities and is a recognized charity under CBF oversight.
War Child Holland has its Head Office in the Netherlands, and Country Offices to support its programs in multiple countries around the globe, mainly in Lebanon, Cyprus (supporting our programs in Syria), Occupied Palestinian Territory, Jordan, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), South Sudan, Burundi and Colombia.
The audit comprises the statutory audit of the financial statements of War Child Holland (WCH). These financial statements cover War Child’s worldwide activities, thereby including the programs implemented through our Country Offices.
The financial statements are prepared in compliance with Dutch Civil law BW2:9 and accounting requirements, specifically RJ650. The audit will be conducted in accordance with the International Standards of Auditing (ISA).
Several of War Child’s Country Offices require local audits to be performed to comply with registration requirements. These audits are not part of the audit tender.
- Audit opinion on the Financial Statements of War Child Holland
- Management letter
THE TENDER PROCESS
A special Selection Committee will ensure the selection of the suitable auditing firm.
From the audit firms having submitted their Expression of Interest (EOI) a shortlist will be drafted based on the evaluation criteria. This shortlist will comprise no fewer than 3 and no more than 5 audit firms. Shortlisted audit firms will be requested to submit a full tender comprising both technical and pricing details.
Please note that War Child implements a zero-tolerance policy for breaches and is a member of the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme
This tender opportunity is open to all qualified audit firms.
Please note that the publication of this Tender Notice doesn’t commit WCH to implementing the announced procurement.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST RATING CRITERIA
The firm (all are must haves)
- Reputation (and brand recognition) of the audit firm
- Size of the audit firm – expressed through a number of audit partners globally (20+) and in NL (10+)
- Global presence (countries where War Child works) – list of countries present (50+ countries, > 70% presence in War Child Country Office locations).
The audit deliverables (all are must haves)
- International Standards on Auditing (ISA) compliant audit of financial statements
- Auditor’s opinion on Financial Statements, RJ650 reporting standards
- Management letter
- Board report.
The client delivery
- Experience with the (I)NGO sector
- Experience with our size (€25-75m) INGOs
- Experience with donor requirements (UN, EU/ECHO, MOFA/DRA)
- Taxation knowledge (VAT, income tax)
- Experience with local GAAP (in War Child Country Office locations) and IFRS accounting standards
- Ability to provide donor grant audits (nice to have)
Firms not passing the above criteria will not be further evaluated. Points scored on client delivery are carried over to the evaluation of tender documentation for shortlisted firms.
Expressions of Interest must be received on or before 27TH of May 2022**, at 23:59 local time in the Netherlands.** Late bids will not be accepted. We reserve the right to revoke and/or repost this EOI in case of unresponsive and/or insufficient responses.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered please send your EOI to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject matter “**Tender NL HO 0019**” or in writing to:
War Child Holland
Attn: Tender NL HO 0019, finance department
Your EOI should cover:
- Audit firm registration details
- Audit firm general information
- Information on all criteria listed under “EXPRESSION OF INTEREST RATING CRITERIA”
For questions on the EOI please contact email@example.com with subject matter “**QUESTIONS on tender NL HO 0119**”.