Job Title: Associate IT Systems Delivery Management Officer
The Associate IT Systems Service Delivery Management Officer supports the IT applications and solutions are available and delivered consistently, reliably, and effectively. The incumbent supports day-to-day operations and may coordinate the work of multiple support groups, both internal to UNHCR, as well as Managed Service Providers (MSPs). The incumbent monitors various MSPs deliver efficient and effective applications and solutions in accordance to contractual obligations and best practices. Understanding the current and future needs, the incumbent will work with a Business Analyst and/or Solution Engineer to ensure that the IT requirements are understood and have adequate IT applications and solutions to meet business needs the organization and have the IT tools necessary to support their work.
The incumbent has regular contact with MSPs, with other Service Delivery Managers (SDMs), with Solution Engineers, with vendors, and all Services of DIST. S/he understands and communicates the UNHCR IT strategy and vision, policies, and decisions in a positive manner and leads by example in the adherence and adoption. S/he establishes and sustains relationships with respective business leaders & management in order to achieve technical and business strategic alignment. S/he is expected to have supervisory responsibility for other IT staff.
The personnel is expected to perform duties as reflected in the TOR. They do so within their delegated authorities, in line with the regulatory framework of UNHCR which includes the UN Charter, UN Staff Regulations and Rules, UNHCR Policies and Administrative Instructions as well as relevant accountability frameworks.
Purpose and Scope of Assignment
· Support daily Business-As-Usual operational decisions, including incident, problem, change, service request, and asset management.
· Ensure compliance with Service Management and IT security policies and standards, technical architecture, and service level agreements – reporting non-compliance as appropriate.
· Review Service Level performance targets (internal and external) and escalate discrepancies to manager.
· Serve as an escalation point for end-user and operational issues (Incidents, Service and Change Requests) not resolved within established SLA’s; coordinate with MSPs to expedite resolution including prioritization and escalation of SLA performance breaches to supervisor or responsible service tower owner.
· Work closely with UNHCR SDMs and MSPs to carry out problem management and root cause analysis and prevent recurrence of critical problems by executing approved changes.
· Review and validate that Change Management processes are adhered to by both staff and MSPs. Ensure that change, test, and release processes are properly planned and executed.
· Approve installation of new or upgraded systems and services. Support deployments and transition into production from projects as well as ensuring testing of new ICT solution components.
· Implement approved service delivery process improvements and support processes in accordance with ITIL best-practices.
· Maintain accurate inventory of all IT applications for corporate solutions and ensure that Configuration Management policies and guidelines are followed and the ITSM databases are up to date.
· Maintain accurate inventory of all locally developed applications and systems and report in the central registry.
· Leverage the broader IT community (UNHCR, UN agencies, partners and external providers) to deliver the most efficient and cost-effective solutions to the business. Represent UNHCR IT in inter-agency and other external meetings.
· Contribute to solutions are of high-quality from a technical perspective and that end-user support is responsive and effective.
· Monitor, analyse, and report on system and infrastructure performance and capacity in a timely manner and ensure that service owner take appropriate action.
· Track expenditures against budgets, prepare forecasts, and verify invoices from service providers and suppliers against SLA performance targets before payment is approved.
· Provide accurate and timely information on operational status and reports to management.
· Ensure Audit recommendations and actions are completed in a timely manner.
· Assist in drafting requests for proposals and reviewing support contracts including SLAs, SOPs, and OGs.
· Participate as a competent and motivated workforce trained to understand and use the corporate solutions and implement the correct procedures and practices.
· Participate in partnerships with sister Agencies, Implementing Partners, NGOs and other operational partners in consultation with Regional Bureau/Country Representative/DIST, Headquarters for shared solutions and project experience.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
The incumbent will support effective IT delivery management in Dadaab Operation, coordinate with Country Office, Reginal Office, and Head Quarter to deliver effective and efficient IT service for the staff members.
S/he will enhance the capacity of ICT staff by providing coaching and training and manage the ICT assets in the operation to streamline the use.
Qualifications and Experience
3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1-year relevant experience with Doctorate degree
Information & Communications Technologies; Computer Science; Information Systems; Information Technologies; Project Management.
b. Work Experience
Minimum 3 years’ experience in ICT of which 1 spent managing IT system service delivery with SLA based delivery of both centralized and decentralized applications and solutions. Good understanding and practical experience of ITIL Service Operations processes driven by continuous improvement. Experience working with business partners to understand how IT affects an organization and link it to business processes, requirements and operational tasks. Ability to participate in discussions with stakeholders. Good interpersonal skills that include effective communications (both verbally and written) at all levels, to technical and non-technical audiences. Experience working in a matrixed team to ensure collaborations and effective operations across multiple organisations. Experience in project monitoring and control, data analysis, and presentation for executive review and decision making. Experience of coordinating activities across different partner organizations developing effective services. Experience in Service Delivery Management of Application Services to support centralised IT Solutions.
IT-Service Delivery Management
IT-IT Systems and Standards
IT-Service delivery through outsourced providers
IT-IT Applications Development Lifecycle Methodology
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Judgement and Decision Making
How to apply:
Interested and qualified persons should send a cover letter and completed and signed UNHCR Personal History Form(attached) and copy of their degrees to the following email address: KENNAVAC@UNHCR.ORG
Subject line should precisely indicate: Applicant’s name – Vacancy Announcement for the Position of Associate IT Systems Delivery Management Officer.
Applications received via other means or after the deadline will not be accepted
*Refugees – who cares? We Do.