CRS JOB DESCRIPTION
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Department: Finance Department
Compensation Band: Grade 4
Reports To: Finance Manager
Country/Location: Maadi – Cairo
The CRS Egypt country program began in 1956 at the invitation of the Egyptian president Nasser by providing relief assistance to the victims of the Suez War. Over the following few decades, CRS Egypt moved from large-scale food relief to long-term poverty alleviation and development programs. CRS Egypt works in a wide variety of areas within the development field.
Currently, CRS Egypt has three main programs: education assistance program and livelihoods program for refugee support, and local partnership. Projects under these programs range from the provision of technical assistance and capacity building to partners, promoting peace and tolerance, educational grants for refugees and assistance to refugee community schools, and technical support and start-up funds for refugee and vulnerable Egyptian entrepreneurs. Additional programming includes Emergency Preparedness and Response projects that arise as needed. The Operations department, supported by a regional Management Quality unit, ensures the country program develops and maintains the highest level of operational standards.
CRS Egypt currently holds a main office in Maadi with activities in Greater Cairo, Upper Egypt and the North Coast.
You will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the Finance Department in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
· Reviewing and complete standard financial documents (vouchers, wire transfer requests, checks, etc.) and performing the data entry for financial transactions recording under Insight Oracle financial system.
· Provide administrative and clerical support to financial transactions processing. Prepare, type, photocopy, and scan related documentation. File accounting and financial reporting documentation as instructed.
· Prepare bank reconciliation for all bank accounts and submit to Finance Manager for review.
· Compile supporting documentation (liquidation/receipt package) to support processing of financial transactions. Communicate with staff, subrecipients, partners, suppliers to follow up on required documents.
· Keep custody of various documents (e.g. blank/undelivered checks, fuel coupons, etc.).
· Perform any other tasks may be assigned by direct supervisor.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
· Graduate degree in a respective field such as Accounting, Finance, Financial Management.
· Professional diploma/Certificate or courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or Business Administration a plus.
· Minimum of two years’ work experience in a similar role with some familiarity of standard accounting practices. Experience with an international organization a plus.
· Experience using MS Office packages, in particular Excel and Word. Hands-on experience with data entry into online databases and forms.
· Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
· Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
· Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented. Able to meet deadlines.
· Strong customer service ethic and abilities. Ability to work collaboratively.
Required/Desired Foreign Language Excellent command in English and Arabic.
Travel Required Job requires travel to field (defined as outside of Cairo metropolitan area), Upper and Lower Egypt, to implement and assist partners and follow up projects (approximately 20%). More frequent travel required to sites within Cairo metropolitan area.
CRS is committed to safeguarding program participants from exploitation and abuse. The successful candidate is expected to sign and adhere to the CRS Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct.
CRS is committed to the health and safety of all program participants. Staff members must be vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1, 2021, or registered in the national registry and awaiting their first appointment. Confirmation of vaccination status will be required to undertake work with CRS after December 1, 2021
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Finance Manager, Senior Finance Officer, Finance Officer, Head of Operation, Country Representative, Regional Finance Officer and others.
External: Partner Organizations, Local Banks, Local Taxation and Social Security Authorities, Auditors.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Continuous Improvement & Innovation
• Builds Relationships
• Develops Talent
• Strategic Mindset
• Accountability & Stewardship
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer