Job Title: Administrative & Financial Coordinator – Erbil – IRAQ
Fixed-term contract – 12 months
Starting date : 17th January 2022
PUI all around the world
With its 40 years of experience, Première Urgence Internationale :
- Supports close to 6 millions beneficiaries
- With more than 100 Millions € yearly budget
- Present in 22 countries, on 5 continents
Thanks to the work and commitment of :
- More than 2000 national staffs
- Around 200 expatriates from 45 different nationalities
- And 90 employees at HQ
PUI works in 10 areas of intervention and distinguishes itself by the implementation of an integrated approach in its response. This method aims to identify and understand the needs of all those affected by a crisis. Our teams come together to bring a rapid global response to the basic needs of populations affected by humanitarian crises to help them regain independence and dignity.
Focus on our activities in IRAQ
Our mission in IRAQ has been open since 1983. PUI develops its integrated approach with to bring help to vulnerable refugees, displaced persons as well as host communities (to avoid marginalization when the pressure on available resources becomes unbearable), in order to improve their living conditions and reinforce their resilience to enable them to regain dignity and autonomy.. Furthermore, PUI provides a humanitarian response to needs arising from movements of population through actions aimed at reinforcing the existing Health system, and providing Mental Health Psychosocial Support to the people in need, but also at providing access to Shelter, to drinking Water, Hygiene and Sanitation. Today, the mission is implementing 4 projects.
What about the Administrative & Financial Coordinator ?
As Administrative and Financial Coordinator, you will be accountable for the sound financial, accounting and budgetary management of the mission as well as the management of human resources and the administrative and legal records. You will be the financial, administrative and HR representative for the mission, both internally and externally (donors, authorities, NGOs, etc.).
For this purpose, you will be responsible for :
- Financial, budgetary and accounting management: You will be responsible for all aspects relating to finance, including budgetary and accounting elements, as well as the mission cash flow.
- Management of human resources: You will be responsible for the administrative management of the local and international teams, for the definition/updating of procedures and HR management tools in accordance with labor regulations in the intervention country and the HR policies of PUI, and for the monitoring of risks linked to HR questions.
- Administrative and legal management: You will supervise administrative records and guarantee that the status and functioning of the mission are in legal accordance with the requirements of the intervention country.
- Representation: You will represent the association in its relations with partners, authorities and different local players for the financial, administrative, legal and human resources areas of the mission. You will be proactive in the development of PUI’s inter-NGO financial network (administrative, financial, legal, HR, etc.).
- Coordination: You will centralize and diffuse information within the mission and to headquarters for all financial, administrative, legal and human resources aspects of the mission, and consolidate the internal and external reporting for these domains.
The challenges that await you :
- Access issues for different reasons including visa issue can limit physical presence in the field, which in return limits the supervision, technical support and field staff capacity building opportunities. Remote supervision, technical support and staff capacity building would be a challenge the Admin Coordinator needs to be prepared for.
- Follow up and ensuring compliance to the country law particularly in the process of downsizing field office closure would be a challenge. This would be a top priority for the Admin Coordinator to ensure the mission Internal Staff Regulation compliance to the country labour law and its implementation.
- PUI is working in few consortiums and donors some of whom requiring even monthly financial reports. With all different priorities and conflicting deadlines and challenges, the Admin Coordinator will need to be paying special attention in planning, prioritization and organization to ensure the deadlines and the agreed donor requirements are met.
What you will need to succeed
- Training : You hold a Master’s degree or equivalent in financial / accounting management. A technical background related to one of our activity sectors, in project management, human resources management, will be appreciated.
- Experience : You are strengthened by minimum 3 years of experience in financial / accounting management. A previous experience abroad in Humanitarian action would be appreciated. You already worked with Première Urgence Internationale? It would be a definite asset!
- Skills : You master financial management and team management, you have a sound knowledge of institutional donor procedures. Excel has no secret for you, and you master the use of SAGA accounting software.
- Qualities : You are a good communicator, both in writing and orally. You demonstrate good team spirit, analytical capability, a sense of responsibility, organisational skills, reactivity, and an ability to adapt. You have a good resistance to pressure and particularly in unstable circumstances.
- Languages : English has no secrets for you! All the better, it is mandatory for this position. If you speak Arabic and/or French, it would be a definite asset.
A word from the manager
« Première Urgence Internationale helps civilians who are marginalized or excluded as a result of natural disasters, war and economic collapse and our mission is to defend basic human rights. PUI is working in the very remote and hard to reach areas to provide humanitarian assistance to the most vulnerable and in need people. Iraq is one of those missions where PUI assisting population who have been affected by war for decades and are suffering from lack of access to basic services, including IDPs, refugees and host communities in very remote and rural areas. If you have ever thought about being part of a group of experts supporting such vulnerable and needy population in Iraq and around the world, this is the right opportunity for you to achieve your goal. Besides supporting the target population, this will also be a great opportunity for your personal and professional growth as PUI is providing the opportunity for staff capacity building and growth. »
PUI will offer you
- Status : Employé(e) with a Fixed-Term Contract
- Monthly Gross Income : 2 200,00 – 2 530,00 EUR depending on your experience in International Solidarity + 50€ per semester of seniority with PUI
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accomodation
- Daily Living Expenses (“Per Diem”)
- Break Policy : 5 working days every 2 months + break allowance
- Paid Leaves Policy : 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months
Première Urgence Internationale sees diversity of nationalities, genders, beliefs, profiles and statuses among its Human Resources as a major asset for its humanitarian action, and therefore compels itself to the strict observance of the principle of non-discrimination throughout its recruitment process.
Première Urgence Internationale applies a policy of zero tolerance towards exploitation, sexual abuse and mistreatment, in all its forms, of women, children and all other vulnerable persons. It engages all its staff to promote, disseminate and respect the principles set out in its ethical charter.
Please note that Première Urgence Internationale shall not in any case request a financial contribution for administrative costs related to recruitment. Any such information would be fraudulent, please disregard it.
You recognize yourself in this profile and you adhere to our commitments ? You feel ready to take up the challenge and to join PUI great family ?
How to apply:
If you wish to apply, follow this link and fill in the form on our career site.