Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Action Against Hunger has been present in Bangladesh since 2007 and obtained registration with the NGOAB in the same year. Since then, ACF moved quickly to expand its integrated emergency Health & Nutrition and protection response through both direct and partner-based programming focused on primary healthcare, nutrition, women’s protection, and empowerment, water & sanitation, food security, gender-based violence and mental health & psychosocial support. As a lead player in Cox’s Bazar district, Action Against Hunger in collaboration with its partners, has been leading a massive multi-sectoral emergency response to meet the needs of refugees and host communities.
ACF will continue working in both the camps and host community, as already existing vulnerabilities are compounded with cyclical monsoon and cyclone seasons that impose additional threats to the lives and protection of those refugees as well as vulnerable host populations. With support from partners /donors like ECHO, OFDA, USAID, GIZ among others, ACF has been growing over time on its geographic coverage within Cox bazar and to other parts of the country, thus expanding its networks and partnerships around emergency preparedness and response work, reach beyond the Rohingya refugees, also targeting the vulnerable host groups in Cox Bazar and other parts of Bangladesh.
ACF has been a pioneer in understanding the contribution of Mental Health to the treatment and prevention of undernutrition, and is seeking to mainstream MHPSS in all the projects on Heal
You will implement and monitor the assigned MHPSS & Protection projects, following ACF’s strategy and standards, international standards and national policies.
More specifically you will:
– Contribute to the analysis of the humanitarian context, to the intervention strategy and to the positioning of the MHPSS.P department;
– Ensure the implementation, monitoring and reporting of MHPSS.P projects;
– Build the capacities and manage your team (Deputy Program Manager, Senio Psychosocial Officers, Psychologists, Psychosocial workers and volunteers;
– Contribute to the quality and accountability processes and monitoring and evaluation of projects’ impact and to projects’ capitalization;
– Contribute to gender and protection mainstreaming, and specifically to SGBV and child protection activities development at base level;
– Participate in external representation and coordination with ACF’s partners
– You hold a Master’s degree in clinical psychology;
– You have at least 2 years of professional experience as a clinical psychologist and 1 year of field experience with humanitarian NGO;
– You have management experience (at least 1 year in a managerial role);
– You have already worked in emergency contexts;
– Experience working on South East Asia Region would be a plus.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2010 to 2335EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 603 EUR net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 300EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination.
How to apply:
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here