Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Mission 1: Define and implement ACF security management system
Mission 2: Design ACF humanitarian access strategy
Mission 3: Train and make ACF staff aware of security environment, procedures and rules
Mission 4: Management of the security team
Please refer to ACF career website for more information : https://recrutement.actioncontrelafaim.org/fr/offre/6157/A-HUMANITARIAN-ACCESS-AND-SECURITY-HEAD-OF-DEPARTMENT
You have a strong expertise in current safety and security practices and issues affecting aid work globally.
You are able to work within a multi-cultural, multi ethnic team and have comprehensive knowledge of the context and challenges of operating in Yemen.
You have a strong work experience in insecure/hostile environments in an INGO
You have prior experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in an insecure environment.
You have the ability to adapt to needs and balance demands of beneficiary and security actors while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
You have experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, compilation of security reports and assessments.
You have excellent Facilitation skills to train and coach national and international staff.
You are Self-motivated with the ability to work autonomously in a highly stressful and challenging environment.
You have proven skills in concise and succinct report writing.
You have excellent written and spoken English./ Arabic would be an asset
You have commitment to the aims and principles of ACF. In particular, a good understanding of the ACF mandate and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin all aspects of the job.
You share ACF values and are able to commit to the code of conduct
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
– 6 months fixed term contract under French legislation
– Monthly gross salary from 2450 to 2800EUR upon experience
– Monthly per diem and living allowance: 426 + 304$ net, field paid
– Monthly country allowance: 450EUR
– Child allowance: 1500EUR per year per child present in the country of origin (maximum 6000EUR/year)
– 16% of the gross monthly salary for pension insurance reimbursement for non-French citizens
– 15% of the gross salary for specific flying allowance
– Transportation and accommodation: Coverage of transportation costs and guest house
– Medical coverage: 100% coverage of health contributions (social security + health insurance) and repatriation insurance
– Leaves and RnR: 25 days of paid leaves per year, 20 RnR per year and 215 EUR at each RnR period
– Training: Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©
ACF is committed to people with disabilities and actively fights against all forms of discrimination
How to apply:
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here