Job Title: A GRANTS COORDINATOR – JORDAN
<![CDATA[Created in 1979, Action contre la Faim is a non-governmental organization that fights against hunger. Its charter of humanitarian principals- independence, neutrality, non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, professionalism, transparency – has been part of its identity for more than 40 years. Its mission is to save lives by eliminating hunger through the prevention, detection and treatment of under-nutrition, particularly during and after emergency situations linked to conflicts or natural disasters. Action contre la Faim focuses its actions on 5 main areas of expertise: Nutrition and Health – Mental Health and Care Practices, Gender and Protection – Food Security and Livelihoods – Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – Advocacy. In 2019, Action contre la Faim provided aid to 17 million people in more than 49 countries worldwide. www.actioncontrelafaim.org
Under the supervision of the Deputy Country Director Program, as the Grants and Partnerships Coordinator, you will play a key role in the Jordan mission, overseeing business development, grants and partner management, compliance, donor relations and communications.
More precisely, you will be in charge of:
– Leading the development of high quality proposals
– Ensuring the effective management of the grants portfolio including grant start up, implementation, close out
– Overseeing all aspects of the partnership life cycle and develop strong partnership management systems
– Ensure strong external representation of Action Against Hunger Jordan’s work
You hold a university degree in international relations, political science, social sciences, humanitarian and / or development studies, public administration, or other related field.
Experience requested :
– At least 3 years of experience in humanitarian and/or development fundraising from institutional donors (in a fundraising or related NGO role)
– At least 1 year of field-based experience in the same or similar positions required , preivous experience in the Middle East highly appreciated
– Experience working in development and urban contexts
– Good knowledge of common institutional donors guidelines and regulations (EU, DFID, USADI/OFDA, pooled funds and private foundations) and Action Against Hunger sectors of intervention
– Experience with proposal and log frame development for a variety of donors
– Familiarity with key programme areas and desirable (Mental Health, WaSH, Food)
Skills requested :
– Strong representation, communication and negotiation skills,
– Proven proposal writing and report writing skills
– Good team player with positive and supportive attitude
– Strategic thinker who demonstrate initiative and creativity.
– Proven ability to work independently and under pressure with tight deadlines
– Flexible and able to adapt quickly to pace complex dynamics
– Excellent intercultural, interpersonal, organizational, prioritizing skills
– Tactful, professional and transparent
The team in Jordan is currently moving toward becoming compliant with Action Against Hunger’s Gender Minimum Standards; you have an appetite to get more involved with gender and lead the country-level change process of prioritising gender considerations.
Excellent English spoken and written is required
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS / SALARY
12 months fixed term contract under French legislation:
– Monthly gross salary from 2 450 to 2 800 EUR upon experience
– Per diem and living allowance: 340 $ + 426 $ net, field paid.
– + 150EUR of monthly gross salary as country allowance.
– + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
– + Child allowance, capped to 4 children.
– 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance
Leaves and RnR:
– 25 days of paid leaves per year.
– + 20 RnR per year.
– Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
How to apply:
Pour postuler, cliquez sur ce lien / To apply, please click on this following link : apply here