***This ad is for 2 vacancies
Context & Mission
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent humanitarian organization providing medical aid to victims of man-made or natural disasters, armed conflicts, epidemics, and endemics. Its Operational Centre in Geneva (MSF OCG) manages medical assistance programs in 26 countries for a total staff of over 9000 people.
In line with the Work plan 2019-2023, the Field Support Learning Referent works in collaboration the L&D Deployment Manager and will support the missions to strengthen and implement the learning environment and culture in OCG’s missions, based on the mission’s specific needs, thereby contributing to the Operation ambitions and quality of care in the mission.
Scope of responsibilities
A/ Field support in the development of Learning Environment (40%)
· Support the development of a learning environment in the missions, and advising on- and implementing L&D tools and policies that support this learning environment
· Communicate regularly with missions to identify the gaps in their learning environment/culture
· Propose- and adapt the support to the identified and /or requested needs in missions
· Analyze and propose a set up dedicated to Learning (structure and organisation of work)
· Provide assistance and guidance to field teams on Learning matters
· Sensibilizes stakeholders on their respective responsibilities in learning
· Sensitize stakeholders about the Mentoring and Coaching skills needed to reinforce the Learning capacity and facilitate effective learning
· Train and accompany field teams in designing learning strategies and policies
· Strengthen the L&D skills and capacities in the field to implement learning activities locally
· Capitalise on existing tools and practices to create / update a field L&D toolbox that can be consulted by all OCG missions
· Collaborate with IT to advice on digital learning support and solutions
B/ Field support in their learning activities (30%)
· Assess the Learning environment, set priorities with the missions and share recommendations / Action plan
· Assist the field in identifying local solutions and providers
· Support missions in their Learning Needs Assessment
· Identify constraints and opportunities in the deployment of learning solutions and propose improvements to L&D Team and missions
· Sensitize Focal points and managers in the development of employees’ skills and their Role and Responsibilities
· Advice missions on the annual planification of Learning events according to constraints and context
· Propose tools to follow up on Learning and deployment activities and producing, monitoring yearly data report
· Coordinate the implementation of common Tools and process with L&D and Missions
· Develop workshops for PDM/HR teams on how to improve the quality of their Learning activities in the mission
· When requested, support trainers or the deployment manager in implementing the learning solutions
C/ Field training implementation (10%)
· As part of the field support listed above, especially on-site, the Field Support learning officer is requested – when needed – to deliver/facilitate trainings from the L&D transversal portfolio such as people management, WTMSF, Sanou, Stress management etc…
· Bachelor’s Degree in adult learning or equivalent.
· At least five years’ work experience with MSF
· Operation and HR MSF Field experience requested
· Good expertise in RH analysis
· Strong knowledge of adult learning theory, learning styles, learner needs, delivery of trainings/Workshops
· Mentoring and/or Coaching Skills
· Management experience, ability to manage multiple activities and stakeholder interactions
· Good command of MS Office, Teams, Mural
· English, French. Ability to speak and write fluently in order to communicate easily with all parties.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to work on different projects at the same time.
· Result oriented.
· Good interpersonal and communication skills and creating links with various stakeholders.
· Analytical competencies, facilitation and training skills
Terms of Employment
· Fixed-term contract, 10 months
· Full-time, 100%
· Working place: Geneva
· Ideal start date: ASAP
· Gross monthly salary: from CHF 7068.- to CHF 8138.- (salary commensurate with equivalent experience and internal salary grid)
How to apply:
Only applications submitted on the recruitment platform will be considered. Applications must contain: CV 2 p. max. – letter of motivation 1p. max. – in English.
Closing date for application is March 30th, 2022
The applications will be treated confidentially.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted**.**
At MSF, we are committed to an inclusive culture that encourages and supports the diverse voices of our staff members. We strive to create workplaces where teams of people with diverse backgrounds, characteristics, perspectives, ideas and experiences work together for the social mission of MSF to create better outcomes for our patients and the communities we work with.
We welcome applications from individuals of all genders, ages, sexual orientations, nationalities, races, background, religions, beliefs, ability status, and all other diversity characteristics.
MSF does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of discrimination or harassment, including sexual harassment. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo reference checks.