Job Title: Project Coordinator-Health Technology
Project Coordinator-Health Technology-Kampala
Save the Children International is currently recruiting for a Project Coordinator-Health Technology, to be based in Wakiso. He/She, will work closely with the Project Manager and Health Specialists to identify and address key bottlenecks to assuring availability of medical equipment and commodities for the effective delivery of maternal and newborn services in five priority health facilities in Kampala City. The position will work with MOH, KCCA including divisional health authorities, health facility-in charges and regulatory bodies to improve quality of care for mothers (particularly those likely to deliver premature/small babies), and small and sick newborns by supporting delivery and institutionalization of evidence-based lifesaving interventions this network of health facilities.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- A university degree in Biomedical engineering or related qualification is required.
- At least three years of professional experience in the health sector, with demonstrated experience of successfully working with a variety of health sector stakeholders, particularly government and health facilities is an asset.
- Relevant experience in program/project development and management in any international or national NGO in Uganda.
- Demonstrated training and technical advisory skills; seasoned in capacity-building
- Advanced computer skills such as excel, power point and other analysis tools.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Application closes on November 29, 2021 at midnight Uganda time.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent, persons with disabilities and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=YS50YW1iYS40NzIwNC4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20